Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way Down Deep!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oznob
    I have a CD from Jennifer Warnes that will really get the woofers moving! The CD is called "The Archer" and track #8 is called, Way Down Deep! It is self explanitory!
    Your right! Good quality recording. Bought it mint on Amazon for $4 Really is good. Didn't know my 4313Bs could sound that good and the 4430s really shined!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer
    Your right! Good quality recording. Bought it mint on Amazon for $4 Really is good. Didn't know my 4313Bs could sound that good and the 4430s really shined!
    Glad you enjoyed it beer! She is an artists who really cares how her music is recorded and takes an active role in the mixing process.

Will check these out

Thanks for the heads up guys, will check these out.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    Thanks for the heads up guys, will check these out.

Ken
    Hey Ken,
    The actual name of the CD is "The Hunter." I get confused on the title as on the cover, she is holding a bow.

Thanks

Thanks Oznob

I want both "Famous Blue Raincoat" and "The Hunter"

Ken

ken; if you can find a good vinyl copy of fragile,yes and try the fish or heart of the sunrise thru those beasts i think you would find the separation of the multiple basses or the incredible sound that squire gets from his ric to be amazing.another that shone was indicipline by king crimson from the dicipline album.the notes may not be the lowest frequencies out there but the sheer power of them is stunning.would be a great way to work in that new pre amp

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell
    ken; if you can find a good vinyl copy of fragile,yes and try the fish or heart of the sunrise thru those beasts i think you would find the separation of the multiple basses or the incredible sound that squire gets from his ric to be amazing.another that shone was indicipline by king crimson from the dicipline album.the notes may not be the lowest frequencies out there but the sheer power of them is stunning.would be a great way to work in that new pre amp
    Another good vinyl workout is genesis - Selling England by the Pound (from 1973 - before Gabriel left). Track 3 - Firth Of Fifth - after the vocal verses it goes to an instrumental and Tony Banks plays some massive keyboard bass (pedalboards, I believe). The original vinyl version came close to wiping out - unplayable with cheap cartridges. For the remastered CD they dropped the bass level and it took out the grandeur of the piece.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

hav'nt heard selling england since it was new but i do still have my vinyl genesis live and recently picked up peter gabriels secret world.i see that you have an interest in monk.did you grab the new monk coltrane session?this one will lead eventually to rudy van gelder.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames
    Another good vinyl workout is genesis - Selling England by the Pound (from 1973 - before Gabriel left). Track 3 - Firth Of Fifth - after the vocal verses it goes to an instrumental and Tony Banks plays some massive keyboard bass (pedalboards, I believe). The original vinyl version came close to wiping out - unplayable with cheap cartridges. For the remastered CD they dropped the bass level and it took out the grandeur of the piece.
    I was/am a huge Genesis fan and very familiar with that passage. Loved those low notes on my old 4350's. George Duke had an album called Liberated Fantasy that had a cut on it that was a building shaker but I can't remember the track name.

Ken

The CD "Are you Shpongled" by Shpongle contains a great deal of subterranean bass throughout. The first track "Shpongle Falls" sounds like some huge dinosaur is thrashing and stomping around in the jungle. This is a good disc to terrify visitors with using a wideband system. It falls into the genre of trance music I suppose, but it is not the boring, hypnotic Enya kind. Most of it is really quite exciting, with densely layered tracks filled with both real and synth sounds. It was their first album; there are more recent ones which I haven't heard.

http://www.google.com/musica?aid=tud...usic&ct=result

Bass Power

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell
    another that shone was indicipline by king crimson from the dicipline album.the notes may not be the lowest frequencies out there but the sheer power of them is stunning
    Likewise--not the lowest notes but stunning power--check out the live version of "Man with an Open Heart" on "Absent Lovers." (Live in Montreal, 1984).

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Peter Gabriel's UP goes way down deep.

"Sky Blue," others.

[I don't understand the album, tho.... ]
    Spot on that comment. All of PG's stuff since US has lots of really low-frequency stuff going on. Most system can't resolve it though. I know that his stuff is mixed in a MASSIVE control room (size of a church) so maybe they don't feel restricted by the room mode issues that normal sized mixing spaces have (i.e. boomy bass)?

p.s. I don't understand the album either.

jbl
    Get's my 2225H's going. That and Alicia Keys 'Songs In A Minor' ,track 10. Deep, solid and clear.

Ron

Bringing Thread back from the dead

Common guys, this ain't something to stop talking about! everyone loves to hear and feel that low rumble and sweet bass that makes your hairs stand on end!

Give some recomendations to other forum ppl!

I have a couple that i want to put down for those who want to check out!

and i will keep on listing for those who are interested!

Nine Inch Nails - And All that Could Have Been (DVD 5.1)

#9 - La Mer - Nice bass in this one at the begining, leading into a nice drum beat!

Sugar Ray - The Best of Sugar Ray

#13 - Is She Really Going Out With Him (cover)
    yes yes i know nothing can beat the original, but these guys actually did a decent version of it! very nice strong bass in the choruses.

hope no one minds me bringing this thread back, but i reckon it would be great (mind you, the subs im using are my 2225H's Tuned to 40hz at 120 litres, with an 80 watt amp, still shakes house without driving amp into distortion)

JBL 4645
    Well I have the dts music and demonstration disc that not only has test tones but as some really neat musical tracks from.

1# Seal “Prayer for the Dying”
    2 # Andrew Litton conducting the Dallas Symphony Orchestra & Chorus excepts from Tchaiovsky “1812 Overture”
    3 # Alan Parsons with Christopher “Cross So Far Away”
    4 # Shoeless Joe “The Bet”

5 # And Telarc “A Touch of Surround Madness”

Most of the tracks are in full dts 5.1 some just don’t have the centre channel output, but track 5 is a raving mad track that starts of with a mid range accompanied at the same time with a deep shuddering LFE.1 that you think can’t possibly get any louder, it down somewhere between 20Hz when it starts off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information