Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way Down Deep!!!

Way Down Deep!!!

I have a CD from Jennifer Warnes that will really get the woofers moving! The CD is called "The Archer" and track #8 is called, Way Down Deep! It is self explanitory!

Steve Gonzales

This too

Natalie Cole's "A smile like yours" too .

Nightbrace
    Quote Originally Posted by oznob
    I have a CD from Jennifer Warnes that will really get the woofers moving! The CD is called "The Archer" and track #8 is called, Way Down Deep! It is self explanitory!
    Am at the right site? Could I have wandered into something thats supposed to be restricted for younglings like myself?

I have a CD from Jennifer Warnes that will really get the woofers moving! The CD is called "The Hunter" and track #8 is called, Way Down Deep! It is self explanitory!
    I've long been a fan of her "Famous Blue Raincoat' tribute to Leonard Cohen's songs ... from the intro with Stevie Ray Vaugn's guitar throughout ...
    Your post reminded me to pull it out and give a listen on the new speakers - sparkling! Its a fine workout for JBLs!

And thanks to your tip, I've also ordered The Hunter from Amazon - its a nice change from the Prince abums recommended to me lately (Musicology & 3121) ...

Next in the stack will be Gogol Bordello - heard their stuff last night in the film Everything is Illuminated - crazy klezmer hiphop fun - whew!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    TITANIC

Music by “James Horner” the low end on this finely produced album, and its richly detailed instrumental, is mixed with lots of slam depth a kick, the talented scoring mixer “Shawn Murphy” as done countless scoring mixes for decades now, and TITANIC is one of best still to this day.

Celine Dion “My Heart Will Go On” track 14 from the dts digital surround 5.1, sounds totally different from the down mixed stereo version, but that’s only noticeable with certain parts of the musical elements cross-talking.

Hear is totally isolated from artefacts and like I said the low end is, is a true “Shawn Murphy” mix!

The LFE.1, is played with lots of weight from the JBL 4645, and on track 7 “Hard to Starboard” this is used with such focused strength in all of the 5 channels, and with x5 JBL control 5’s placed around the room, for a 5.0 sound and the .1 adding the extra reinforcement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You know, after reading this thread again, I got the name of the CD wrong. It's called "The Hunter." Sorry about that, I think I'm getting old!

JBL 4645
    oznob

Then why didn’t you edit it?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645
    oznob

Then why didn?t you edit it?
    I think the original post has been on too long to edit it? Either that or the loose nut behind my computer doesn't know how to do it?

JBL 4645
    oznob

Looks fine to me, just pop on up there and hit edit, and change the text to the way to was supposed to be.

I think you can only edit a post within the first 24 hours, then its set.
    I can't edit my older posts in this thread ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    hjames

Sorry mate, I thought you could get there to re-edit the page, so it’s 24hours?

This site must have a different software package running the show then.

Peter Gabriel's UP goes way down deep.

"Sky Blue," others.

[I don't understand the album, tho.... ]

Amon Tobin's "Bricolage" is about the deepest cd I own. Careful with it on vintage systems or you will blow the woofer.

Smile Redemption

Conjure One's Redemption will get your speakers working in the "Contra" octave (three octaves below middle C), or you'll just get harmonics. Ken P's Westlakes managed to get there, and my own 14" and 15" JBL drivers get to it, but the 12" drivers can only hint at what's really there.

For easy reference on the octaves, their notes, and their frequencies:

http://www.fsref.com/Fatal/FE170500.SHTML
    Out.

Patricia Barber

The CD's (and vinyl) of Patricia Barber are full range, including the low end.
    Since the group has standup bass, it is interesting to hear how the instrument records when it is not cut off at the knees.

Three I know well are Cafe Blue, Modern Cool and Verse. The first is well known for low end, but all of her cd output I have heard is similar in this respect. Ode To Billy Joe, The Thrill Is Gone and Nardis will open your ears, but any cut will do.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Thread Information