Thread: JBL L100 dual woofers

tomefs

JBL L100 dual woofers

Hi I would like to build a speaker similar to the L 100 only with two woofers using all the L 100 parts except for the Xover which I would have to build from scratch.What do you think has anyone done this before . Which L 100 speakers are the best . Thanks

If you use two of the 123A woofers, you'll wind up with an impedence load that's TOO HEAVY for most amps to handle.

The 123A is somewhere between FIVE and SIX ohms. Two of them in parallel, are between 2.5 and 3 ohms. This can cause problems with amps, going into current limiting (distortion) or failure (burning/blowing up)...

I'd be more inclined, to do a woofer/PR setup... similar to the L150 setup. Make the cabinet around 3 cubic feet, with a single 123A and a PR300 passive radiator, and you should have some SERIOUS output, down to VERY LOW frequencies...

Regards,
    Gordon.

The woofers in the l100 were not the best JBL offered and the alignment in the L100 series was not optimal. I would look at using smaller woofers, like 6 or 8 inch drivers, for a dual woofer setup.

Dual 12 and 15 inch drivers need very large heavy cabinets.

tomefs
    Thanks for the info I am curently bulding a system with 2, 9 inch woofers hi vi dynaudio clone and a dynaudio d-54 mid and hiquaphone .75 dome. But after reading some posts on this website it got me thining about a future project with some JBL drivers.

pelly3s
    what about using 2 2214's and doing a dual woofer L100t setup. it would have to be a huge box though

Not necessarily..
    If you used a QB3 alignment the volume for two drivers would be around 3.4 cu ft. The L100T used a lower alignment, I think it was BB4 for deeper bass.

The QB3 would cutoff around 41 hz but would be really efficient

Thread Information