Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: behringer amps

behringer amps

hello anyone have any info on behringer amps. how do they sound. they have a model ep2500. 500 watts rms at 8 ohms

I dont want to hurt any one feelings but I just listen to crown xs500-ce 2000 and behringer ep2500. the crown had a more harsh sound then the behringer. the behringer was more smooth and relax. the bass was about the same. I dont know how and the hell they can sell this amp for what they are asking for it . parts express sell it for 299 brand new in the box. on ebay some dealer is selling them for 258$ .i like crown- qsc-crest and etc. but crown and any other pro amp on the market can not compete with the price or sound of the behringer. this is to damm good to be true.I am waiting for the amp to blow up or get a recall on all behringer amps. just take a listen to crown -crest any amp compare to behringer ep2500. 450 watts rms at 8 ohms. damping factor 300 at 8 ohms. and I dont want to seem like I am bashing any company amp. but get real 258 $ compare to a 2000$ or more amp. i dont know how behringer is making any money or profit. I think they are tring to piss off all pro audio company out there who claim there amp sound great with lotts a power down to 2 ohms

hello I just read a forum were some one said-quote behringer is not in a class with crown nor qsc. no behringer doesnt have the years nor the name as crown or qsc has. but I love the sound of a well built amp. I am not going to jump on a company band wagon just becuse they made some pretty good amps for the last 40 years. if any one comes out with a good sounding amp at a unheard of price you damm right i am going to speak up about a good product. look out crown behinger is niping at your ass. if crown is in a class by it self they better come up with a plan to out do behinger ep2500.

Hey,

We have amp bashed before, try a search for Grungy amps and have a good laugh!

My favourite quote: Dooooo

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...06&postcount=3

I'll beat Giskard is really pooching he posted that..Ebay made a squillian that week! Mind you the latest HK stuff looks very impressive!

I swear I am not bashing crown . I like and own crown. but behringer has an amp for 299$ dollars and the sound is smoother than you know who.I thought this forum was a place were you can get any info you need on just about any audio eq. I love it when some one make a product that can compete with other products costing up to4-5-6 times as much. that is a better deal not only for me but any one who wants to buy that product. the reason I post this was to let any one who looking to buy a amp for there stereo or sur-sound. befor you spend a lot of money take a look at behringer ep2500. just listen to it. let your ears be the judge. I also love this forum for what it is and has to offer. Thanks crown for making some good amps over the last 40 years

Hello
    I don't think Crown is too worried about Behringer taken over their amp market. The Crown XS series and the CE2000 are Crown's lower end products with the XS's being built in China, who knows maybe by the same factory turning out the Behringer's. The Behringer power amps are direct copies of the QSC RMX series power amps. The RMX's are very good sounding and durable low cost power amps. While I have not done a direct side by side listening comparison between a RMX power amp and a similar import amp from Crown I can say the QSC RMX is built better and has more features than the XS series from Crown. I use the Crown Macro Techs and the QSC PL2 series in my systems with excellent results.
    For what it's worth Behringer has been sued multiple times by many companies for patent and copyright violations and at this very moment has a large fine slapped on them from the FCC for importing digital equipment that has not been certified by the FCC.

Mike Caldwell

RIP 2009
    Behringer is well known for reliability problems on the road, ('probably not an issue for you - cross your fingers), and as mentioned, has been sued a number of times for directly copying other companies' products - that's what bothers me the most about them. That said, if you like the sound and it holds up for you, go for it.

John

now I am geting the feedback I was tring to get from the start. thanks guys. I only compared that one crown unit to the behinrger.I am still looking to buy a amp to biamp and run my 2245h. the dealer told me the same stories i am hearing here.I am looking at qsc plx3602. I would like to buy a crown but the k2 is only 500 watts rms. I am looking for 700 watts rms. and sound good not harsh. I might just run that amp stright. I would have to take out the crossover etc .to much work

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell
    For what it's worth Behringer has been sued multiple times by many companies for patent and copyright violations ...
    Exactly what I was going to post, Mike. All the Behringer gear I've trialed is now in someone else's rack, if you get my drift. dogbless eBay!

Sure, Behringer can copy the topology, but when they insert cheap components in-place of the more costly ones, sound quality and reliability are compromised. However, if YOU are happy with the sound, got for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I am still looking to buy a amp to biamp and run my 2245H. I am looking at qsc plx3602. I would like to buy a crown but the k2 is only 500 watts rms. I am looking for 700 watts rms. and sound good not harsh.
    You didn't say what load you are driving. If 700w into 4ohm, try the CX702. But, these beauties are costly. They are not often on eBay because they are the "contractor series". Robust and intended for built-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I might just run that amp stright. I would have to take out the crossover etc. too much work
    Oh, so this is for that 4-way of yours? I guess I should stop here, then - you never acknowledged my replies about you running them full-range (passive) on other threads. You weren't satisfied with the bass output... :dont-know

It shouldn't be hard at-all to by-pass the LF portion of your three-way crossover. Just insert something like the Ashly XR1001 between the 2245H's and the rest, and use the "rest" of the crossover you have - it's crossover points seemed OK. Is that crossover accessible? Do you have the schematic? Post it and some pic here, and I'll bet the DIY crowd wil. have you sorted in no-time.

Oh, btw - I run only the CX502 on my 2245H's - it is rated at 300w into 8ohms. Plenty...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hello gene.

I feed my 4 2245 with a Qsc plx 3402 and i can say i´m VERY happy with it. But for normal home use i think a Crown k2 will work very well, you´ll get 2500w in bridge mode.

I have 3 Crown K2 to feed my 8 2226 in a home cinema . I dont think i can find anything better to do the work.

You wont be dissapointed with a K2 amp.

regards mats

Quote Originally Posted by matsj
    Hello gene.

I feed my 4 2245 with a Qsc plx 3402 and i can say i´m VERY happy with it. But for normal home use i think a Crown k2 will work very well, you´ll get 2500w in bridge mode.

I have 3 Crown K2 to feed my 8 2226 in a home cinema . I dont think i can find anything better to do the work.

You wont be dissapointed with a K2 amp.

regards mats
    I second the above. I used a QSC 1202 with Klipschorns (very picky horns -any harshness is thrown in your face) with fantastic results. I have also heard great reviews of the Crown K2 (have not tried it myself). If I remember correctly, the K2 does nto have a cooling fan, so it may be better for hoem use if fan noise is a probelm. I replaced the fan in my QSC with a low flow unit ($20 from digikey). If you really need 700 watts, you may need to stick with the high flow unit (not an issue with horns).

Chris

Thanks guys. I almost bought the behringer amp.I will try the crown k2 and the qsc 3602. I will let you know which one I choose at a later date.Thanks agin

pelly3s
    if you can wait a little crown will release the XTi and it is supposed to compair to the k2 sonically and has DSP built into the unit

Hey guy's sorry to resurrect an older thread...and it's my first post to boot .

Anyway, I actually own a behringer ep2500 and a qsc plx1602 and ran them head to head. I already had the 1602 on my jbl 4642a subwoofer bridged to 4ohm. But found a great deal on a ep2500 so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The behringer did seem to have a little more power/volume/impact but the qsc had a much cleaner/tighter sound. The ep2500 was a good bit more "boomy" sounding. I ended up keeping the plx1602 on the jbl and use the ep2500 on my diy dual-15" sub. Now if you just want max spl and don't care about sound quality...the Behringer amps are hard to beat for the $.

I noticed that several online retailers have the plx series on sale...I don't know for sure but they may be soon replaced by the new plx2 line. I've recently seen the plx3402 on sale for less than what I paid four years ago for plx1602. Good deals to be had on a great line of amps imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KenWH
    Now if you just want max spl and don't care about sound quality...the Behringer amps are hard to beat for the $.
    Yup, that's been my experience!

Thanks, Ken, and welcome in!!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information