Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banquox Sound

Banquox Sound

I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a pair of Banquox Sound speakers, and I'm trying to find some specs on them. I've searched the net, and only came back with one hit, from this site. It seems that they were made locally, in Winnipeg, maybe in the 80's, using JBL pro components. I remember using a set of pro series Banquox speakers when I was a DJ, but these are definetly made for the home market.

They are about 20" high, oak finish over a 1" particle board enclosure. They look great. There are a three way speaker, with high and low cross over adjustments on the back. If anyone can shed some light on these, I would appreciate it. Let me know if you need more details.

Roger

Smile Hi Roger.

Usually the first thing we want is a picture. Can you post one?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ingram
    I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a pair of Banquox Sound speakers, and I'm trying to find some specs on them.
    Roger
    Roger

I will locate and send Henry Kriendler's email address. He was the owner of Banquox Sound and could probably answer your questions. Give me a couple of days to track it down. I had some correspondence with him last year.

Ken

Henry is a member of this forum, although he is only around infrequently. You can try the Private Messaging feature of this forum to try and contact him.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

let me know if you run across any of those 15 inch banquox bass amp cubes.

I have 2 different pairs of Banquox cabinets what exactly are you looking for???

banquox made cubes way back when 24"wide 22"high,and18"deep.there is a horizontal port across the bottom front and they were loadedwith some ungodly looking 15" with a square shaped magnet.i had a pair back when someone in the band informed me that we had to "look good on stage"which meant wearing spandex and also putting an abrupt end to my musical career.i have found 3 of these over the years in various states of disrepair at yard sale prices.i used to see these things piled on top of the big w bins and under the mids in bar band pa's.2x15 boxes were just too much of a pain to lug around and these werent too bad.i may not have looked good on stage but i could muscle heavy gear into a van.if anyone spent any time at all in winnipeg bars during the early eighties you would have had to have seen lots of these.the smilies re pix will do no good as i have none to upload

Well from what you describe that sounds like 1 of my 2 pairs of Banquox cabinets. I Also have 2 pairs of cabinets that contained Altec 811+511 horns.

is that old pa stuff? what do the cubes have inside.what are your plans for them?

Pictures

The cabinet is 10.5" x 20.5" x 8". The woofer is 8", the mid is 5" and the tweeter is 3.5".
    Attached Images Attached Images      

KEF

I've managed to find some information on my speakers. Looks like the components are made by KEF. Although these are not high powered speakers, they are of good quality. Here is a link to some more information if anybody is interested:

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Ana...entsIndex.html

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Ana...veUnitsp1.html

Well the tweeter is definitely a Phillips tweeter... they were quite popular in the mid to late 70's and found there way into many speaker systems from all over the world.

The other drivers may be KEF, looking at the dustcaps they look more like older Peerless models to me.

Widget

- The links that Roger included, quite clearly indicate that the midranger & woofer come from KEF stock.
    - I agree with Widget, that the tweeter is a Phillips. Most likely , either a AD0162T8 ( polycarbonate dome ) or a AD0163T8 ( "soft-dome" of sorts ) .

Hi Roger Try contacting Creative Audio on Osbourne in the village, they might be able to supply more info on that system. I am pretty sure they put those out under the Banquox label. Creative audio spun off of Banquox audio to concentrate on home HI-FI. Banquox remained a pro sound dealer. Creative audio later switched to using there own name on the systems as they established their own identity.

Thread Information