Thread: Anybody uses outlaw processor?

Anybody uses outlaw processor?

much cheaper than lexicon.

The highest model is nearly 1000 U.S.D
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

lexicon

lexincon 12B's price in China is nearly 25000USD
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

ONKYO

ONKYO RDC 7.1
    6000USD in China

lexicon is pretty pricey over here too.i would always keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for.perhaps you could elaborate on intended usage,and possibly log on to the home theater rags for some input.after a bit of research you can shop for price with a little more confidence.i would be hesitant to look for a unit that has to do as much as a pre pro for a thousand bucks.

pelly3s
    Outlaw is the best bang for the buck going right now. I have heard the Outlaw stuff again numerous different Processors and Amps and nothing comes close in my opinion without spending 10 times the money

^_____^

Thank both of you.

I am currently using the outlaw 990. Got is about 6 months ago. I choose it because I too thought it was the best value for the $.

I am using all pro audio amps and with the balanced XLR's it matches up nicely. The only comment I will make is; I have very large speakers at every location in a 7.1 setup. The crossover section of the 990 is not as flexable as I would like. In other words it only allows certian combinations of crossover points for each channel. I use several outboard crossover's and would like to just receive the signal from each channel either as I want it or un-filtered.

But over all I like it very much, and have had no problems. Sounds great.

Also Outlaw Audio was great to deal with and offers great support.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Lutz
    I am currently using the outlaw 990. Got is about 6 months ago. I choose it because I too thought it was the best value for the $.

I am using all pro audio amps and with the balanced XLR's it matches up nicely. The only comment I will make is; I have very large speakers at every location in a 7.1 setup. The crossover section of the 990 is not as flexable as I would like. In other words it only allows certian combinations of crossover points for each channel. I use several outboard crossover's and would like to just receive the signal from each channel either as I want it or un-filtered.

But over all I like it very much, and have had no problems. Sounds great.

Also Outlaw Audio was great to deal with and offers great support.
    David
    Thank you David

Thank you MSFT and ebay

Due to Microsoft's insane marketing plan to promote live.com by paying people to use it and ebay's sudden, unsolicited offer of cash back on a single purchase, I got a NIB Outlaw 990 for free (+ shipping, $40). How MSFT can refund most of my purchase price if I use live.com to search for the product I buy, and if I find it on ebay and ebay has a cash back coupon for me, then I end up not paying anything but shipping, it's a mystery to me. I guess they really do have too much money.

What a country!
    Out.

Initial reaction

As I get it up and running, I'll give some impressions.

At first glance, it's huge. It barely fits in my audio rack. In fact I couldn't get a couple of components connected due to the limitations of the rack.

Aside from the gymnastics of trying to snake cables into impossibly tight spaces, set up was a snap. I used the front panel controls and the included set up microphone to auto-calibrate it. The system was instantly better than it was with the old pre/pro which I had tweaked and tweaked using the time-honored RS meter and a lot of experimentation. As I watched the unit do its thing, I could easily see my errors corrected.

The OEM remote is a dog's breakfast of counterintuitiveness. I was glad to see my Harmony 1000 has the Outlaw 990 codes, and it simplifies everything. The OEM remote is now in the cabinet out of the way.

The thing I noticed right away was how much better LaserDiscs look through the unit. It upconverts the video, and it's much more watchable now. Since I have a couple hundred LDs, this is a mercy. I was at the point of not watching them anymore, but I've viewed several with renewed enthusiasm since the 990 went online.
    Out.

Thread Information