Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I must be living right ......

Quote Originally Posted by clmrt View Post
    Reluctantly?

My ass!
    Mine too!!

Well, now that you've got the worlds best speaker, you need to start the search for the best of the rest, since you aren't sure if the amp, etc, you have now are the best. You've got a lot of work ahead of you...

Quote Originally Posted by coherent_guy View Post
    Mine too!!

Well, now that you've got the worlds best speaker,
    Naw, I'd never claim that....they are just so different, and addictive. Think I'm finally in an upgrade holding pattern. There just arent any more upgrades I can lust after,,,,,,,except I would like to hear both L250ti's and L300's.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Had a guy come over to buy a Marantz last night. He of course asked about the big OHM's. Yeah, I'm almost in the speaker demo biz. The first 2 tracks of "Beatles-LOVE" does it every time. Anyway , this is the email I got this morning.

Hi Tom:

I just wanted to say Thank You for showing me your fine collection of vintage audio...especially the Ohm Speakers... what an an audio delight. It was almost as if the Beatles were in the room!!

Best Regards,
    Erik

He closed his eyes, with a huge smile and just listened, then walked around the room trying to lose the image, couldn't do it.

Added one of these things to the system today, not dramatic but extends the low end even more. I dont think there are any more worthwhile upgrades to do .

http://cgi.ebay.com/CERWIN-VEGA-SW-1...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not super keen on CV, but it does the job. What do they mean by dual voice coil woofer ?

Dual voice coil woofers are exactly that, they have two voice coils instead of one.

Dual VC drivers are very popular with car audio. The VC,s can be wired in parallel, or series. JBL uses dual VC,s in some of their high tech drivers, this technolgy has been around for a while.
    scottyj

Cerwin-Vega sub

Heh... I remember those... seems like they were liquidating those in DAK
    catalogs for years... if it does the job, I'm happy for you -grumpy

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Why do you guys get all bent out of shape over nothing?

I don't bother you guys when you rave about a specific JBL.

I also forgot that if I am not in the army, navy, or drink - then I must be un-american.

Why do I need to talk about their imaging and put up graphs if you already know their capabilities. Do you need something like that in order to tell you they are good speakers?

Excuse me for having opinions - guess young people like me need to listen to old people regardless of what they say, just because they have years on them. Give me a break, did you listen to your elders at 22? I think NOT! They would have told you - Seawolf, to not enter the service.

Give me a break, please. And yes, can we all be civil - or is that asking to much of my elders?

I am not part of any religion, but I do know that people should treat people the way they want to be treated. It seems as though you can have your opinions, but I can't have mine. Sounds kind of like the mother and father hypocrate rule - do as I say, not as I say do.

Thanks.

-Storm.

No but being disrespectful to your elders here demonstrates your total ignorance even to towards me in the past and I but 18 years older than you and Seawolf a whole lot more man, than you’ll ever be many times over so stick a sock in Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    No but being disrespectful to your elders here demonstrates your total ignorance even to towards me in the past and I but 18 years older than you and Seawolf a whole lot more man, than you’ll ever be many times over so stick a sock in Storm.
    I appreciate the sentiment , 4645 , but Storm has been on my "ignore list" for some time , as his comments are generally worthless, and he is invisible to me.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I appreciate the sentiment , 4645 , but Storm has been on my "ignore list" for some time , as his comments are generally worthless, and he is invisible to me.
    The Invisible Man, hay.

OKAY ...FIRESUIT ON , I'M READY....

reinstalled the 4412's into the main LR system today. They sounded great , as always. Dialed them in, working perfectly. They are the "B" speakers.

Did about a half hour doing A/B testing against the "F"s. (the A speakers)

.................................................. .................................................. .

RESULTS ?

the JBL's were quite nice , BUT , they sound like speakers reproducing music.

the F's were very nice AND they sound like the instrument that was playing.

anybody in the area have some 250ti's or L300's that I can demo ? The 4412's just aren't up to my satisfaction requirements anymore.

.................................................. .................................................. .

will use the JBLs when looking for a change in sound, but for A/B, there was no contest.

OKAY ...FIRESUIT ON , I'M READY....

reinstalled the 4412's into the main LR system today. They sounded great , as always. Dialed them in, working perfectly. They are the "B" speakers.

Did about a half hour doing A/B testing against the "F"s. (the A speakers)

RESULTS ?

the JBL's were quite nice , BUT , they sound like speakers reproducing music.

anybody in the area have some 250ti's or L300's that I can demo ? The 4412's just aren't up to my satisfaction requirements anymore.

will use the JBLs when looking for a change in sound, but for A/B, there was no contest.
    Blasphemy

Ohm F's...

JBL's.... ...ROCK!!!
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Try a pair of Altec Valencias --- they also, reproduce the instrument, not the music.

I often forget about the speakers and focus on the music when I am listening --- unlike alot of speakers I have auditioned.

-Storm.

I got the Stereo Review review of the "F's" today, reinforces what I have been hearing...and a couple of new facts....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

forum member SOUNDBOY stopped by today. Pete knows more about speakers and electronics right now than I ever will. He's been in JBLs for many years and runs Dynaudio mains with a JBL 18 in sub in his primary system, plus JBL's in his other 3 systems. He knows his stuff, besides playing in a band and really knowing what instruments sound like.

So we played his fav CD and he sure had a grin on his face. We eventually subtracted all processing and eq so he could just hear the F's.

without boring everyone, I'll try to remember his final quote...something very close to "If those F's were mine , they would be my mains, they make all my JBL's sound like sh1t and I would have to invest a lot more money into my already substancial system to even come close to that sound"

He did say that he had more bass, but it wasn't as natural.

Not trying to provoke anyone, and I do also enjoy my JBL's , just saying that there are other fine speakers available.

If I am misquoting you Pete, please publically correct me.

"If those F's were mine , they would be my mains, they make all my JBL's sound like sh1t and I would have to invest a lot more money into my already substandial system to even come close to that sound"
    What I think I said was "If I had these Ohm's in my house, I would have to start tweaking all my other systems so they wouldn't sound like shit in comparison"

Yes, this is a JBL forum, yes I am an old JBL nut, and yes the Ohm F's made the mint 4412's sound like a cardboard cutout....and you can quote me on that too. The ohm's didn't sound at all like a speaker, period. Just a vocalist, piano, or a guitar. Wow.

The only downside is....maximum volume level....but...they were loud enough... and the bass was surprising.....not only did it sound completely effortless and natural, but it shook the floor when it was supposed to, just like my 2245's, just not as powerful....amazing stuff.... Ok, here comes the retaliatory attacks, huh?...."There must be something wrong with your JBL's, or your hearing" or "what box you got those 2245's in?" or "MY 4412's sound killer"....but you haven't heard the OHM's, or your ears would be amazed at what is missing.... Time to go home an reavaluate the Dynaudio's, and all my JBL's

Thread Information