PDA

View Full Version : Room size and Amplifier for 4350

boudu
10-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Maybe ,will I buy a beautiful pair of 4350A, but I need some information about them. How they sound!, , wich minimum size of room need I? And are they working with Perreaux E2(lowF) and Silwaweld OTL 100(HighF) ?
Waiting your answer
BR

Audiobeer
10-20-2003, 04:03 PM
They should work great with that setup! The Perreaux E2 has some balls....more than enough. 200 watts with Mosfets for the low end and the sweet sounds of glowing tubes for the upper end. I wish the L-300s could have worked out for you. Make some room for your next venture!

scott fitlin
10-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Those amps are great. The ones I had heard years ago were big and heavy, but man, they made great ballsy bass!

Mr. Widget
10-20-2003, 05:11 PM
For room size I would recommend at a minimum 1/2 to 1 meter behind the speakers, 2 meters between the two speakers, 1 meter between each speaker and the nearest wall, and a seating location of 3 meters away from them. Ideally you will not have a wall immediately behind your head. If you can have the wall behind you 2-3 meters or further away that would be good.

Mr. Widget
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
The drawing below is for a room that is about 5.5 meters by 6.6 meters. (18 feet by 21.5 feet) I suppose by European standards a fairly large room. If you want to really get the most out of a pair of speakers like the 4350, I wouldn't suggest going with a room that was much smaller. If the room must be much smaller I would recommend the use of sound traps and acoustic absorbing panels like Sonex and others.

All of the dimensions below are in meters

Robh3606
10-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Hello Bondu

Post an email address I have the 4350 tech manual. Its the short version but on page 2 they go over installation and listener distance. Mr. widget looks to be on the money but if you want it I will send it too you.

Rob:)

boudu
10-21-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm afraid th

boudu
10-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm afraid that my room will be a little bit too little. In meter 3,3 m X 4,5m. My big problem is that I'm afraid to have too muche bass, isn'it?

Mr. Widget
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Too much bass is a good possibility, but more importantly, you must be at least 2.5m away from these speakers for them to sound like one cohesive sound source. They will not sound their best in your room.

You probably should consider something smaller.

boudu
10-21-2003, 01:57 PM
I think you'r right but what can I buy, I search for Old Klipschorn , impossible to find in Europe, or something else from JBL. All ideas are welkome
thanks

rgrjit8
10-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Boudu, I think that you should buy them. I have my 4355s set up in my bedroom, an area not much larger than what you describe. It is truy that I cannot use the speakers to their full potential, and if I turn them up too loud, the entire room begins to buzz, but as long as I play them at moderate levels they sound just fine. In fact, each and every time I play them, I'm struck by how damn good they sound. I doubt that I will ever be satisfied with a lesser speaker.
Besides, when you move to a larger listening room you won't have to upgrade your speakers.

Are the 4350s a mirror image pair?
If not, see if the seller will switch them over for you, because it's a real pain in the ass.

boudu
10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
I think I will buy them but I don't know if it's a mirror pair ,is it so important and how to know it?

boudu
10-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Robh3606
Hello Bondu

Post an email address I have the 4350 tech manual. Its the short version but on page 2 they go over installation and listener distance. Mr. widget looks to be on the money but if you want it I will send it too you.

Rob:)
You can send it yo [email protected] ,with many thanks

rgrjit8
10-22-2003, 04:00 PM
They were all made left sided from the factory. So one speaker may have to have its high frequency components moved to the right side of the cabinet.
It will make a large difference in a small listening area such as yours and mine. I've found that I prefer the highs on the inside relative to my listening area rather than the outside. I believe this is due to the beaminess of the 2405 driver.

You can, of course, change the configuration yourself but it's more of a project than the manual leads you to believe. (Rob also graciously sent me the manual for the 4350.)
If you are buying from another individual then it might be better to do it yourself as you will likely be more careful.
But if it is a professional dealer, ask them to do it, as they will be accustomed to such work and should find it less frustrating.

soundhd
01-28-2004, 04:14 PM
How far apart you place the 4350's really depends on how close you will be when you are listening.......(JBL says at least 8.5 ft away but that is a safety issue also probably USHA was involved in that). As long as they have the proper power they sound great even at low levels, but.............having them in a large room and turning them up pretty loud is like being in "Audio Heaven".........

Paky33
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I use a KRELL KSA 150B for the woofers (4ohm = 300 watts for channel) and two AUDIO RESEARCH M300 for the high section.
Play from fable!!:applaud:
Paky33

Mr. Widget
11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
That sounds like an excellent amplifier pairing for the 4350! :bouncy:

Widget