PDA

View Full Version : L200 applications

g*wesley
03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi,
Can someone tell me what , if any, pro audio (ie vocal monitor, 2 way speakers) application the components might have?
I have a pair in which one of the cabinets received water damage. I am considering selling the components vs. using them in custom cabinets.
Thanks for opinions and advise...
Glenn

LE 85 on H91 horn
LE 15 B woofer
LX 16 divid. network

Hofmannhp
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi,
Can someone tell me what , if any, pro audio (ie vocal monitor, 2 way speakers) application the components might have?
I have a pair in which one of the cabinets received water damage. I am considering selling the components vs. using them in custom cabinets.
Thanks for opinions and advise...
Glenn

LE 85 on H91 horn
LE 15 B woofer
LX 16 divid. network

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum.....sorry for deletion of your double thread.

Your drivers are a fine base for a system added with a 2405 (or 077) and a N7000 crossover. You will get a L300 Summit like speaker what's a fantastic speaker system. Hope you can also get the 2308 (or L92) lens.

HP

majick47
03-13-2006, 05:15 PM
G*wesley you didn't describe the "water damage" to one of the L200 cabinets. If it's just the base, which is particle board, a new base could be easly made to replace it. Building or purchaseing cabinets is neither easy or cheap and I would suggest that if at all possible you attempt repairing the cabinet you have. The money saved could be used to purchase the suggested components and you would be maintaining an vintage JBL system that was designed for those components. Other members have done miracles with refurbishing beatup JBL cabinets and you would be amazed at the results. Post some pictures of the water damage and see what the members suggest re possible ways to repair the damage.

toddalin
03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum.....sorry for deletion of your double thread.

Your drivers are a fine base for a system added with a 2405 (or 077) and a N7000 crossover. You will get a L300 Summit like speaker what's a fantastic speaker system. Hope you can also get the 2308 (or L92) lens.

HP

System is very nice even without the tweeter. If you do get the tweeter, look for the 8,000 Hz crossover (N8000 or 3106). Alternatively, you can do a better job cheaper by just purchacing two two 0.30 mH chokes, two 1.5 mfd high quality capacitors, two 20 ohm resistors, and an 8-ohm L-pad. Schematics are available here.

If you intend to use the L200 cabinets, forget the 2308 (L92) as it won't fit inside.

When I bought my L200 cabinets, they were also in terrible shape and I had to make a new piece for the front bottom of one. Also, I found it much cheaper and easier to fill in the gouges and refinish the cabinets rather than apply new veneer. I made the grill by making a frame from 3/4" square wood and covering it with black grill cloth. I then re-dyed the small side grills to match.

http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/speaker1.jpg

Zilch
03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Click "User CP," above, and enable location display in your profile, please.

Sell the woofers (drawing good $$$ on eBay right now) and crossovers, and repair the water damage to the cabinet.

Get or make 2235H woofers, and build two- or three-ways using the LE85's and MAYBE (but not necessarily) the HL91's.

We'll talk.... :p