PDA

View Full Version : 250TI Advice

Jeff M
03-12-2006, 06:45 AM
Hello, new here and wanted to say hello to all on a very nice forum. I would like some advice on finding a set of 250Ti speakers. I only have recently been looking, but cannot locate any. I am a furniture maker, so restoration isn't too much of a problem if needed, but of course I would like a nice set, ready to go. Anyways, I still prefer the older receivers, as I still use an older Sansui 890, but I have also been looking for a 9090db or a Pioneer 1250 or 1980:eek: . I listen to mostly 70's- current rock and wondered how the 250's would fit the bill. I am currently trying to sell my 901's:banghead: on epay. Any advice on the 250's would be appreciated.

jblnut
03-12-2006, 07:01 AM
In a word - patience. Finding a nice set (without spending $3k) is going to take a while. You can always jump on a full-price set at audiogon, but you'll pay. Another avenue is German ebay if you can deal with the int'l shipping hassles.

Good luck - you'll find they like 70's rock a lot :applaud: .

jblnut

Hello, new here and wanted to say hello to all on a very nice forum. I would like some advice on finding a set of 250Ti speakers. I only have recently been looking, but cannot locate any. I am a furniture maker, so restoration isn't too much of a problem if needed, but of course I would like a nice set, ready to go. Anyways, I still prefer the older receivers, as I still use an older Sansui 890, but I have also been looking for a 9090db or a Pioneer 1250 or 1980:eek: . I listen to mostly 70's- current rock and wondered how the 250's would fit the bill. I am currently trying to sell my 901's:banghead: on epay. Any advice on the 250's would be appreciated.

norealtalent
03-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Any advice on the 250's would be appreciated.

Get them! :thmbsup: (Nice ones are worth $3k IMO)

mike
03-12-2006, 08:54 AM
They are tough to find especially in our part of the country (I'm in Ohio).
My father and I searched for years for a pair and then finally found a nice pair near Detroit on Ebay. My advice would be to check Ebay everyday and hopefully, eventually a pair will pop up within driving distance. I would not risk having a pair shipped to you as they would likely get damaged.

$1800 seems to be a fair price for a nice pair. Sometimes they go for less, sometimes more. Even if you did have to pay $2500 to $3000 it might be worth it considering what they sold for new in the 80's.

Mike

jblfreeek
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
250TI is an excellent choice. :bouncy:

I'm using one, and it blew B&W Nautilus, Klipsch, and quite a number of others I tried. :D