PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Jim Lansing vintage decal

Howe
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Restoring a pair of D1050 cabinets. These are the early 1950's tall corner speakers with 2 32 ohm 15" woofers and 175 celled horns. Doing a total re-vernier in either Prima Vera Blond or the Dark Mahogany. However, don't have the reproduction decals with the James Lansing script logo to finish the project. Anyone know if there's someone out there that's made decals of these?

Thanks in Advance,

Jim

Steve Schell
03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Jim,

You have some very nice and quite rare speakers. Alvin Lustig designed the Jim Lansing logo with the big L in 1950 or 1951. To my knowledge no one has made a reproduction of that decal. It would certainly be possible to photograph or scan the logo, clean it up in Photoshop or similar, and have a decal company make some up. Perhaps you could do this and have a quantity of them produced, selling the extras on this forum to recoup your costs. They are appropriate to a number of early 1950s JBL products, including drivers.

Howe
03-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Hi Jim,

You have some very nice and quite rare speakers. Alvin Lustig designed the Jim Lansing logo with the big L in 1950 or 1951. To my knowledge no one has made a reproduction of that decal. It would certainly be possible to photograph or scan the logo, clean it up in Photoshop or similar, and have a decal company make some up. Perhaps you could do this and have a quantity of them produced, selling the extras on this forum to recoup your costs. They are appropriate to a number of early 1950s JBL products, including drivers.

i have a friend in Sacramento who has an orginal single unit. Its a long drive up there from SF, Perhaps I can get him to do a high resolution photo of his and proceed towards my goal. He admits these don't show up anymore and will probably never find another.

Oldmics
03-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Send me a P.M. :)

Oldmics

opus111
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I have a C31 I am restoring. Due to scratches, nicks and corner chips, I am thinking about having the original lacquer stripped and relacquered but I am afraid I will lose the original 'Jim Lansing" decal? Does anyone have an extra decal to sell?