PDA

View Full Version : need info on l100s? speakers

billyboyJBL
03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
i was looking around and found these ,the seller said he got them new in germany in 1990. are these the same as the famed l100ti i have read about on this great forum? can any body give me info ? i do not find them listed under this exact name ,but was hoping they were the same. i have a pair of 4412's i got about a year ago ,my son loves them so much i though these would be close to them in sound reproduction. i have enclosed some pix for id help. thanks to one and all,this site has such great people helping others.Bill.

johnaec
03-05-2006, 09:01 PM
The L100S is basically a vinyl covered version of the L100T, and was mainly sold in military PX's. Its mid and high frequency components are the same as the 4412, but the LF is a little different, (4412 has the 128-H and the L100S/T has the 2214-H - I believe the 2214H is considered slightly higher performance) - I think you'll probably get a little more bass from the L100S, mainly due to the larger cabinet. I'm not sure how similar the crossovers are, though the L100S/T ones aren't adjustable like the 4412.

That said, I'd think the sonic quality would be in the same league, if the 4412 crossovers were level-matched to the L100S.

I see you got those for a little over $250 on eBay - I think that's a good deal. It would have been a great deal if one of the LF domes wasn't pushed in. People have had various degrees of success pulling them out with either masking tape or a vacuum hose, or a repair center could replace it fairly reasonably.

If they're otherwise in decent shape, I'm sure you'll like them! Congrats!

John

billyboyJBL
03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
thanks for the info on that john ,my son will love the added bass feature on them ,thats the main reason he likes the 4412s so much:applaud: . he said he wanted to take them off to college with him next year,so know it looks as if it will be the l100s in stead:bouncy: ,which is fine with me by the way:D .