PDA

View Full Version : video processor to 1 source make 1 pic on multiple TV's

shillyar
03-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know how to do this ? or what equipment will do this? I have searched google and all i can come up with is 10k+ boxes I did fine a computer video card for like 800 bucks that will drive 9 monitors as 1 but, it does not tell us how to contol the source IE sat/DVD/VCR/HD. I did also see done on pimp my ride in a Van

im looking for 1 source to be dispalyed on multiple TV as 1 big picture

IE a tv pic wall.

Thx

duaneage
03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
PC cards are the way to go nowadays for this. If you looking for a sort of "video preamp" to control the sources checkout pro sound websites, they might have something

WDJ
03-04-2006, 06:49 AM
If you are really splitting video, try searching for "video distribution amplifier".

If you are splitting RF signal from an antenna or VCR, look for "RF signal splitter" or "RF distribution amplifier" (yes, Radio Shack has these)

Just in case, I've misread your question, actual "TV" video (aka RS170, RS170A, NTSC) is not truly compatible with a PC monitor. TV's use a 1V peak to peak signal, where our computer monitors (VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA and so on) use 0.75 V PtP whic is pretty close to RS343

Check out "vac-brick.com". I've used a lot of their stuff (before any web nazis jump in, I'm not associated with vac-brick or Radio Shack)

03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello,

im looking for 1 source to be dispalyed on multiple TV as 1 big picture

IE a tv pic wall.

Thx

There are a lot, well a few, boxes that do this. Cheap ones, I don't know any.:o:

When I worked a Snell & Wilcox they had a box that let you take an NTSC signal and output 1/4 of it to a VGA monitor, you needed 4 boxes and 4 monitors to make a wall, plus the DA to split your feed 4 ways. NOT cheap, but still cheaper than dedicated wall monitors. Those look like a small fridge on it's side, usually only have an RGB (VGA, SVGA or XVGA) input so you have to convert NTSC upstream and DA it to feed however many monitors you want in your wall. 4 by 3 stacks were common (4 wide by 3 high, for a total of 12). Each of the monitors has a menu setting to display only the portion of the vga signal corrosponding to it's position in the stack. These are like 10-15K each... The older ones did have a box to split the video to each monitor, before they put that function into each monitor.

Oh, BTW, NTSC looks like crap on a big display like that, it's HD or nothing baby!