PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Thompson

clmrt
03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
ON MSP CL -

"Former JBL designer and professional audio engineer, Bradford Thompson, announces new line of speaker enclosures. For over 25 years, Bradford Thompson, President & CEO of Bradford Entertainment has been designing and manufacturing the highest quality enclosures on the market. "

Anyone heard of him?

10 Watt Street
03-01-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.bradfordentertainmentinc.com/bradford-enclosures.html

Titanium Dome
03-01-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.bradfordentertainmentinc.com/bradford-enclosures.html

Bradford Thompson, President/CEO

Bradford has worked in the entertainment business for his entire life. At age 12, he began working with his father, Dr. Richard N.C. Thompson, an Academy Award nominated filmmaker for his work on a documentary about Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr., better known as John Denver. Bradford also began designing custom speaker enclosures, which his father fondly called “toilet seats”.

In his 20’s, Brad’s professional career developed as an Audio Engineer, touring with nationally renowned artists too numerous to name. He also continued his speaker enclosure designs, working closely with Art Welter, and eventually sold some of his designs to JBL and Kliptsh, which are still being used today. Brad’s exemplary work in speaker enclosure design was featured in the September 9, 2005 issue of the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal.

Which designs did he sell to JBL I wonder? And I never heard of "Kliptsh." :rotfl: Oh, Webmaster...

clmrt
03-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I submitted a RFQ on a pair of sub boxes...

clmrt
03-01-2006, 07:32 PM
...and rec'd an acceptable reply. Good for them. Two custom sub boxes on the way.

Don McRitchie
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Which designs did he sell to JBL I wonder?

I would guess that the enclosures in question were the 4550 and 4560. I know that they were designed outside of JBL and were originally tour sound enclosures. Later JBL marketed them primarily as cinema systems in competition with the VOTT.

clmrt
03-02-2006, 04:41 AM
...and rec'd an acceptable reply. Good for them. Two custom sub boxes on the way.

....aaaaaand then I told the wife that two 20" black boxes would be coming Monday.

And I was reminded how whipped I am.

In any case they offered 2 day lead time for a pair of custom sub boxes for a good price. Anyone local and not as whipped as I am should give these folks a call.

No Affiliato...