PDA

View Full Version : Hearing and Listening

invstbiker
02-23-2006, 08:52 PM
A retired professor friend of mine recently wrote the attached article which I found to be very interesting. I've asked him if I could quote it here for all to read. His name is Victor Comerchero. For new audiophiles this article is very educational and for the 'ol timers it's a great review.

ENJOY :)

johnaec
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
'Interesting read. I already agreed with most of what he says even before reading it. I'll have to read it again closer to see if there are any exceptions.

John

duaneage
02-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Great use of examples. I like how he expressed his points without judgement. Painted a good picture of sounds and what we hear.

Titanium Dome
02-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Appreciate you sharing this. It was both enjoyable and informative.

I'd probably pick a nit in one or two areas, but clearly he put a lot of thought into it, and he has a knack for cutting to the fundamental elements. Be sure to pass along my appreciation. :yes:

rockecat
02-24-2006, 02:02 PM
It was a pretty easy read, I thought it really addressed the common sense of audio pretty well. I know when we have friend's over they sometimes really enjoy listening to maybe an old favorite album and appreciate the nuances the equipment provide, however most of the members on this forum have equipment that is well beyond mine and those individuals would not have the same experience and actually may come away with a negative experience.:blink: