PDA

View Full Version : So. CA Lansing Heritage Dinner

Don McRitchie
02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Since the Lansing Heritage Weekend has been deferred for the time being, would anyone in the LA area be interested in getting together for a Lansing Heritage dinner during the week of March 12-18? I'm in town that week to meet with JBL staff at Northridge. I'm thinking of just an informal gathering at a local restaurant as an opportunity for a meet-up.

edgewound
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
That sounds interesting...I will check my calendar.:)

Magnet3
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm game....

toddalin
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Sounds fun.

mech986
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
If my daughter's out of the hospital, I may be available.

Regards,

Bart

Nightbrace
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
setting up a date for Edge and Magnet3 I see :D.

Hamilton
02-16-2006, 06:38 PM
...pencil me in.

SUPERBEE
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I might me able to make it. Keep me in the loop

stpower
02-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I will come. SF Valley restaurant?

glen
02-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Count me in!

sonofagun
02-25-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm interested.

Anybody driving out from eastwise here?

Hmmm, I'd be willing to trade Quadrex grilles* for expenses and a little $$ too if needed.

JBL museum might like some* too!

4313B
02-25-2006, 07:54 AM
If you schedule it for the 16th it isn't a problem and I can find something else to do that night. That's my only free night that week anyway.

hapy._.face
02-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I might be in if I can arrange something with at least 1 other east coast member. Anyone?

Titanium Dome
02-25-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm good on the 14th and the 16th and would love to be included if possible.

andresohc
02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I should be able to make it also.

WDJ
02-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Any further info re date/time/location?

I'll be in Anaheim 13-16 March, this would probably be more interesting than reviewing a contract!!

Don McRitchie
03-10-2006, 08:09 AM
It looks like the 14th is open for most people so I would suggest this date. I am open to any suggested venue. I will be staying with Steve Schell in Long Beach but will be able to travel in the general LA area. Currently, I am not scheduled to be at Northridge that day so there is no advantage to me in meeting in that vicinity unless it is convenient for everyone else. I will be leaving for LA on the 11th but I will have access to this board while I am there.

edgewound
03-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Can't make it. :(

Magnet3
03-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Oops....forgot I have a baseball game to go to that night! Count me out guys...

toddalin
03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I might be able to make it....depends where and what time...

Diddo!

JohnK
03-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I will be there. Let me know where and when.

JK

Titanium Dome
03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
It looks like the 14th is open for most people so I would suggest this date. I am open to any suggested venue. I will be staying with Steve Schell in Long Beach but will be able to travel in the general LA area. Currently, I am not scheduled to be at Northridge that day so there is no advantage to me in meeting in that vicinity unless it is convenient for everyone else. I will be leaving for LA on the 11th but I will have access to this board while I am there.

There are many nice places in Long Beach itself, as well as the surrounding areas.

Some questions will help identify an appropriate venue.

Is a private room or semi-private room needed?
Is anyplace with dinner prices under $25 okay?
What about sashimi and sushi (plus many available cooked foods like fish, lobster, crab legs, Teriyaki beef, and chicken, etc.) as an option?
Or all meat all the time (like a Brazilian BBQ eat all the meat you can place)?
Or a waterfront venue with fresh seafood and traditional American foods?
What's the general time frame?

If we get a consensus, I can easily make reservations at a number of nice places.

BTW Don, your Canadian money's no good around here :no:, so we'll be picking up your tab. :yes:

toddalin
03-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I like that little hole in the wall restaurant on the west side of PCH across from the Red Onion/Sams near the water tower home in the Seal Beach/ Huntington Harbour area. Don't remember the name though.

Shoreline Village has nice places. I'm open but prefer my food cooked.:p Money is not an issue.

:idea:Hey, is the Pegasus still around? :moon:

There are many nice places in Long Beach itself, as well as the surrounding areas.

Some questions will help identify an appropriate venue.

Is a private room or semi-private room needed?
Is anyplace with dinner prices under $25 okay?
What about sashimi and sushi (plus many available cooked foods like fish, lobster, crab legs, Teriyaki beef, and chicken, etc.) as an option?
Or all meat all the time (like a Brazilian BBQ eat all the meat you can place)?
Or a waterfront venue with fresh seafood and traditional American foods?
What's the general time frame?

If we get a consensus, I can easily make reservations at a number of nice places.

BTW Don, your Canadian money's no good around here :no:, so we'll be picking up your tab. :yes:

Hamilton
03-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I like that little hole in the wall restaurant on the west side of PCH across from the Red Onion/Sams near the water tower home in the Seal Beach/ Huntington Harbour area. Don't remember the name though.
Ahh, excellent choice, my favorite also. It's called Taco Surf, seven minutes from my house.

Titanium Dome
03-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Ahh, excellent choice, my favorite also. It's called Taco Surf, seven minutes from my house.

Whatya got for us to do at your house afterward?

QwertyAccess
03-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Ahh, excellent choice, my favorite also. It's called Taco Surf, seven minutes from my house. Hmm didnt think anyone else here lived in Huntington Beach too :P

SUPERBEE
03-11-2006, 02:42 AM
I would meet for beers or ?

Hamilton
03-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Whatya got for us to do at your house afterward?
Paint the fence. :D

Hey, anytime you wanna swing by the door is open. Unfortunately, the audio equipment is sorely out numbered by guitar stuff, but we can fiddle with all of it if you want; bring your favorite guitar(s).

Don McRitchie
03-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Since we're only a day away from the proposed dinner, I would suggest that we confirm a time and place. I'm game for the Taco Surf restaurant at say 6:00? Let me know what you think.

glen
03-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Since we're only a day away from the proposed dinner, I would suggest that we confirm a time and place. I'm game for the Taco Surf restaurant at say 6:00? Let me know what you think.

For myself, I would prefer later, 7:00 or 7:30, to allow more time to negotiate the rush hour traffic. I would probably run late for a 6:00 dinner.
But, whatever is decided, I'll be coming.

toddalin
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
This is the one I remember:

Taco Surf Incorporated

16821 Pacific Coast Hwy
Surfside, CA 90743 http://a300.g.akamaitech.net/7/300/33/32b727f8562337/images.citysearch.com/sys/com/buttons/view_map_yellow.gif (http://maps.citysearch.com/location/208860?)
(562) 592-2290

6:00 P.M is early for LA time as traffic is heavy and people are trying to get home from work. 7:00 P.M. would probably work better for most involved.

Don McRitchie
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
7:00 is fine by me.

mech986
03-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Will there be a secret hand signal or should we wear or have something pertaining to our JBL passion?

Bart

Hamilton
03-13-2006, 01:55 PM
7:00 p.m., Tues nite, Taco Surf, I'll be there.

I'm easy to spot, I'll be wearing a sweat-shirt and Levis. :D

Parking at night is sometimes a pain at that place, I usually park across PCH, caddi-corner from the traffic light at Peter's Landing, then walk across PCH. The resturant is almost directly under that monster water tower.

toddalin
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
7:00 p.m., Tues nite, Taco Surf, I'll be there.

The resturant is almost directly under that monster water tower.

Info on the Water Tower home. As I recall, when it was for sale, it was listed at about 1,200 sq ft and in the 4 million $$$ range.

http://www.calcoasthomes.com/wtower.html

glen
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Will there be a secret hand signal or should we wear or have something pertaining to our JBL passion?
Bart

Why not print out a little card with your forum name and your avatar.

toddalin
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Me:

http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/Head_Shot.jpg

Hofmannhp
03-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Please Gentlemen,

do some pics for those which cannot be there.:banghead:

HP

Hofmannhp
03-13-2006, 04:37 PM

Hamilton
03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Me :

Titanium Dome
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know how many people Taco Surf holds? Maybe we should compare that number to how many people are coming.

I know there is more than one room there. Hamilton, do you know if we can take one over?

Hamilton
03-13-2006, 09:36 PM
I have no idea if that would be possible. And that place can get crowded.

If we could get a figure on approx. attendance I could call and see if there would be a way to get a reservation....(I do know the lady bartender, if she'll be working).

Don McRitchie
03-13-2006, 09:45 PM
You've got two people at my end, Steve Schell and myself. To spot me, I'll make a point of wearing the black JBL Professional jacket that was given to me today.

stpower
03-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I won't be able to make it.

stpower

mech986
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I got the thumbs up to go from the wife, bless her heart. She said it would be neat to meet up with other JBL nuts, er, enthusiasts.

Here's me with my daughter:

Titanium Dome
03-13-2006, 11:59 PM
You guys have seen me before, but here's a reminder. It's a picture on the long beach in Long Beach.

Oh, by the way, I'm coming alone as Huikyong wants nothing to do with "crazy speaker people," and Yakez is chilling with his Mom in Chicago.

JohnK
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Coat and tie, right?

edgewound
03-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I got the thumbs up to go from the wife, bless her heart. She said it would be neat to meet up with other JBL nuts, er, enthusiasts.

Here's me with my daughter:

Hi Bart...

It's great to put a face with the voice...your daughter is a cutie. I have one too. Wish I could be there:( ...hope you all have a great time.

toddalin
03-14-2006, 09:57 AM
You've got two people at my end, Steve Schell and myself. To spot me, I'll make a point of wearing the black JBL Professional jacket that was given to me today.

Can't we just look for the scar "Fearless Leader?"

Count my wife and I in for two.

Todd & Linda

Don McRitchie
03-14-2006, 10:07 AM
That picture is dated. I've issued myself many more medals for valor, modesty and outright greatness so that you wouldn't recognize me based on that illustration.

Don

JuniorJBL
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
WOW!!

Looks like you guys are going to have fun!!:applaud:
I wish that it was less than an 18hour drive for me. To bad I would really like to come!:(

Have a great time!!

edgewound
03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Why do I have this feeling that all of TiDomes shirts are "JBL blue"?:p

Rolf
03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I feel sorry not to be able to attend, but it is a loooong way from Norway, and not enough time to plan it.

I wish you all that will be there a good time. Take some photos and post them please.

JuniorJBL
03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I feel sorry not to be able to attend, but it is a loooong way from Norway, and not enough time to plan it.

I wish you all that will be there a good time. Take some photos and post them please.

Yes :useless:

Please:applaud:

Titanium Dome
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Why do I have this feeling that all of TiDomes shirts are "JBL blue"?:p

:rotfl:

Tonight I'll wear a black JBL Professional shirt. It makes me look thinner...maybe. If my gut doesn't pop out of the bottom. :(

toddalin
03-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Is anyone interested to see one of the new crossovers I built? Zilch is currently building a set and only awaiting a cap. They are based on the N200B/N7000-8000. But Zilch did testing on this one and revealed that they work great for most anything.

http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/Crossover1.jpg

Zilch
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Todd's bringing Linda AND a crossover to dinner?

[Hee, hee.... :p ]

Titanium Dome
03-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Todd's bringing Linda AND a crossover to dinner?

[Hee, hee.... :p ]

Which do you think will get more attention? ;)

Hamilton
03-14-2006, 04:06 PM
It's 3:00 pm and I see seven committed. I just made the call and she will reserve us a place, I told her to anticipate maybe twelve.

andresohc
03-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I will be there as well.

Zilch
03-14-2006, 11:33 PM
10:30 PM and no posts.

A JBL'n Good Time at Taco Surf, apparently.... :thmbsup:

mech986
03-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Hi All,

The TacoSurf get together broke up about 10:30pm. Those who attended:

Titanium Dome
Glen
JohnK
Andresohc
Mech986
Toddalin and wife Linda
Hamilton
Steve Schell
Don McRitchie

Great group of folks to talk to and kick back with. The food was good, place a little noisy (had some kids in the next table who were a bit out of control), but nice to have a chat with the people behind the monikers.

Photos were taken by TD and Don so will have to wait for them to post. Glad I made it. Also, thanks to HoffmanHP and Glen for the round and JohnK for his generosity.

Regards,

Bart

SUPERBEE
03-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi All,

The TacoSurf get together broke up about 10:30pm. Those who attended:

Titanium Dome
Glen
JohnK
Andresohc
Mech986
Toddalin and wife Linda
Hamilton
Steve Schell
Don McRitchie

Great group of folks to talk to and kick back with. The food was good, place a little noisy (had some kids in the next table who were a bit out of control), but nice to have a chat with the people behind the monikers.

Photos were taken by TD and Don so will have to wait for them to post. Glad I made it. Also, thanks to HoffmanHP and Glen for the round and JohnK for his generosity.

Regards,

Bart

And no one comes to San Diego............The 10th Paragon ever made does not interest anyone?

Oh well, I wish I could have made it.

Hofmannhp
03-15-2006, 03:49 AM
...... Also, thanks to HoffmanHP and Glen for the round and JohnK for his generosity.
Regards,
Bart

was a pleasure for me :applaud:

who pays for MY bill.......I would like to PayPal this.

HP

Hofmannhp
03-15-2006, 03:57 AM
Hi All,

what's about with a LHF-Dinner Meeting in FL in October....?
Will be there between 15th Oct and 2nd Nov.

:cheers: :cheers: be sure that there will be some beers on my bill.

HP

Don McRitchie
03-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Here's some pics.

Front to Back: Titanium Dome, Andresohc, Hamilton, Steve Schell

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes, it was good to meet so many members in the flesh and see the men behind the monikers.

We had a number of two- three- and four-way conversations, and at the end talked briefly about the possible LH Weekend for late spring/early summer. Hopefully, there'll be more info about that soon.

I have a big meeting with about 160 school administrators this morning, so I have to run, but I'll post some pictures later, including one of the next generation of LH members, who kept hanging around near the end of the table. Maybe Don will have his pictures up before long. EDIT: There's one now!

A great time was had by all. :cheers: Thanks, John, for taking care of us. :thmbsup:

Hamilton
03-15-2006, 08:15 AM
I had a great time, for sure. Nice to listen to JBL stories, vintage and new. Maybe there's enough interest in So. Cal. to do this every other month...or whatever.

Thanks John, your generosity was most kind. It was fun meeting all ya'.

Don McRitchie
03-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Front to Back: JohnK, Toddalin and his wife Linda

Don McRitchie
03-15-2006, 08:18 AM
The whole gang, this time including Mech986 at front left and Glen at front right.

Don McRitchie
03-15-2006, 08:23 AM
I only have time to say a quick thank you to everyone from last night since I'm about to run out the door to Northridge. I really enjoyed myself and it was great getting the opportunity to meet some of our members in person. The more often this can happen, the better. In particular, I'd like to thank JohnK for the meal, and Hofmannhp for the round of drinks. I'll post more this evening.

Ken Pachkowsky
03-15-2006, 08:36 AM
I am sure it was a great visit and am sorry not to have been there.

Ken

JuniorJBL
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for sharing with us! It sure looks like you guys had a great time.:applaud:

edgewound
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Looks like you all had a great time. Magnet3 and I wish we could have been there, but we had other family obligations to attend to. Maybe the Lansing Heritage Weekend, late spring/early summer? Oh...like, duh:blink: ....Magnet3 is on the left....and no, she's not my sister.

boputnam
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
...Magnet3 and I wish we could have been there...Hell, and all this time I thought "edgewound" was a guy! :banghead:

Baby, from here on out, I'm gonna give you ALL my recone work!! :rotfl:

toddalin
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Linda and I also had a great time. It was nice to put a face with a moniker, or in Don's case, a monocle. ;)

mech986
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Looks like you all had a great time. Magnet3 and I wish we could have been there, but we had other family obligations to attend to. Maybe the Lansing Heritage Weekend, late spring/early summer? Oh...like, duh:blink: ....Magnet3 is on the left....and no, she's not my sister.

Edge,

Nice to see you also as the face behind the voice. As for missing out, as nice as the JBL LH guys are, I think you and magnet3 look like you had an enjoyable time too!

Maybe we need to put something together for North-Eastern LA/North OC/Inland Empire JBL'ers. And Magnet3 should be there as well! I used to be a pretty good shortstop (ah, a long time ago!).

Bart

JohnK
03-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Where else are you going to go & talk about JBLs for 3 hours? :)

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Here's Don surrounded by three members: Steve, Hamilton, and Andre.

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Braving the worst of LA rush hour traffic, Bart got his Porsche into the lot without a scratch.

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Here we are, except for Glen, who got to take the picture. Apparently the Dome is the only one devoted enough to wear JBL logoed clothing. :yes:

Clockwise:

mech986 (Bart)
JohnK
Don McRitchie
Toddalin
Linda
Steve Schell
Hamilton
Andresohc
Titanium Dome (Doug)

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Not to be left out, I made sure to get one last shot with Glen almost front and center in the picture.

Hey, buddy, keep your hand away from my Long Island Iced Tea!

Titanium Dome
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately, the picture I had of the future LH member didn't turn out well. It was a very young man who kept playing around near the end of our table, almost out of his parents' control, pulling things off the wall, hanging on the beaded curtains, picking stuff up off the floor, dancing around, etc.

I kept thinking, This kid is one of us.

-----------------------------------------------

Most of the discussion revolved around the typical driver, vintage speaker, electronic topics. Bart even brought in a 12" woofer with a unique flex characteristic. While unusual flexibility might be attractive in a woman, it looked really odd in a driver.

I managed to get confessions from virtually everyone that they'd never heard L7s, only Don had heard SVA2100s, a couple had heard the XPL200s, and maybe one (Don?) had heard the Performance Series. Several had not heard 4430s, either. So, there's some serious catching up to do.

This renews my drive to get the LH Weekend planned for late spring/early summer, and with some good suggestions and some help from Don and Bart, we may be able to announce something soon.

---------------------------------

One last note: all the way home I kept repeating over and over "Lip my stocking. Lip my stocking!" from Lost In Translation.

Premium Fantasy woman: Mr. Kazu sent me, premium fantasy. My stockings. Rip them. [sounds like "lip them"]
Premium Fantasy woman: Rip my stockings. Yes, please, rip them.
Bob: What?
Premium Fantasy woman: Rip them. HEY! Rip my stocking!
Bob: Hey? Lip them? Lip them? What?
[rolling around on the floor, waving her legs in the air]
Premium Fantasy woman: Oh Mr. Harris! Don't touch me! Mr. Bob Harris! Just rip my stocking!

:wtf: What was that all about?

http://lipmystocking.ytmnd.com/

boputnam
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Yea, edgewound, shame on who couldn't make it. Like you, Ian sent in some pictures of what he was busy with... :p

Robh3606
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Bo

Geez man your a killer :applaud:

Looks like you guys had a fun time! Keep the pictures comming.

Rob:)

boputnam
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
:rotfl:

I couldn't wait to get home to try it. You, sir are lucky - you shared the barstool next to our intrepid traveller in the shot I used.

Should have used one with the damned shirt! :applaud:

boputnam
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Ah, HA!! You WERE there, too!!

edgewound
03-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Yea, edgewound, shame on who couldn't make it. Like you, Ian sent in some pictures of what he was busy with... :p

Well...the pic I posted was us at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Las Vegas during CES.

I was actually coaching my son's baseball game and Magnet3 was helping her mother prepare for knee replacement surgery which was today.

Bo....you can be dangerous with that technology. Is that admissible in a court o' law?

Rolf
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice to see the good looks of some of you guys behind the names.:)

That makes me wonder...nobody have said a word about a very important issue:

HOW WAS THE FOOD???:blink: ... or did you skip it and got right on the beer???

Ian Mackenzie
03-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Bo,

Your drunk! Again

That is your wife Suz in that last pic, I must say I have fond memories of Suz organising my adventures.

I think she took quite a shine to me actually as did Mrs Widget!

Titanium Dome
03-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice to see the good looks of some of you guys behind the names.:)

That makes me wonder...nobody have said a word about a very important issue:

HOW WAS THE FOOD???:blink: ... or did you skip it and got right on the beer???

No beer for me. Long Island Iced Teas all the way.

As to the food, I had indigestion and gas for 24 hours afterward, so I guess it was good Mexican food. I had the pescado vercruz, which was one of the healthy fish choices. ;) I had her serve it up caliente! :shock: :flamed: So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
It sounds (and looks) like it was a great time for all of you! Hopefully, I'll be able to make the next get-together. And yes, it's nice to be able to see the faces behind the names and avatars...:) Edge and I couldn't make it, but at least now after seeing our picture you will recognize us when we show up for the next good time!

boputnam
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
But, alas, it's not your eye. :(

Get "edge" to grab a photo of the real ones - they are much prettier! ;)

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 10:52 AM

You're right....it's not my eye. My eyes are greener...and thanks for the compliment :) Maybe edge will post a picture where my eyes look the color that they are....unfortunately, they look red in this one..lol!

boputnam
03-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Get the camera...

JuniorJBL
03-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Get the camera...

:yes: :thmbsup:

edgewound
03-16-2006, 11:15 AM

Here ya go, Bo...you ladies man, you. I'm the lucky one that gets to see these up close and in person....everyday :) .

boputnam
03-16-2006, 11:27 AM
:applaud:

Now, build that avatar!

edgewound
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, you guys were curious....so here's another.

boputnam
03-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I think I'll use that one for MY avatar!! :p

Rolf
03-16-2006, 12:08 PM
No beer for me. Long Island Iced Teas all the way.

As to the food, I had indigestion and gas for 24 hours afterward, so I guess it was good Mexican food. I had the pescado vercruz, which was one of the healthy fish choices. ;) I had her serve it up caliente! :shock: :flamed: So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:

Well well.... Some of us can handle different food better that others.;) This is NOT a joke, as I know what can happen.:rockon2: Hope you are ok now TI, and others if you got the OTV (Often Toilet Visit):)

Anyway, again it is so nice to to see picks of somebody we might meet in person later....in a LH meeting...or in another occasion. (Hope that was the right way to say it)

boputnam
03-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Now, build that avatar!Nice one!!

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Nice one!!

Aaww....thanks! :o: Yeah....I like it actually being my "own" eye instead of a "stand-in"...:blink:

Hamilton
03-16-2006, 03:33 PM
As to the food, I had indigestion and gas for 24 hours afterward, so I guess it was good Mexican food. So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:
Ya mean it's not supposed to be that way???? :bouncy:

edgewound
03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
:shock: :flamed: So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:

A better value....more for your money. And... maybe Don didn't have to pay a fuel surtax for his flight home.:p

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:

Hmmm...trying to decide on whether to post my comment on that or not....

boputnam
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
So it tasted good going down, and I got to enjoy the aftertaste for hours. :yes:

Hmmm...trying to decide on whether to post my comment on that or not....:banghead:

Dammit, edgewound!! :bash: Get control over that there woman!

Oh man, oh dear, oh my... :blink:

edgewound
03-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
:banghead:

Dammit, edgewound!! :bash: Get control over that there woman!

Oh man, oh dear, oh my... :blink:

Ohhh....that's very tame of her, Bo. That required some restraint on her part:p . I'll do my best though....spanking is in order.;)

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
spanking is in order.;)

Promise? ;) :p

boputnam
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I'll do my best though....spanking is in order.;)Well, I'll hold her down.

Dammit. I'm gonna go stand in the rain... :)

You know, I saw that post earlier today, and I thought, boy-howdy, that is begging for some abuse. Then I realized this is ALL about speakers, so we are safe...

Hamilton
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Promise? ;) :p
Yikes! This will be a nice change vs hearing about T.D.'s gas.

Alex Lancaster
03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
:) Edge: Most Mexican Restaurants in the US are a bad joke.

JohnK
03-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Oh, how would you know! :)

Magnet3
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, I'll hold her down.

Dammit. I'm gonna go stand in the rain... :)

You know, I saw that post earlier today, and I thought, boy-howdy, that is begging for some abuse. Then I realized this is ALL about speakers, so we are safe...

Sorry guys....I'll try and behave :o:

boputnam
03-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry guys....I'll try and behave :o:Nuthin' doin!! Keep it interesting out here...!! :p

Titanium Dome
03-17-2006, 08:41 AM
(snip)

Seriously, it was only about that delightful climb back up your throat that some so-called Mexican food does for hours after you eat it. :barf:

All I can do is report it; what others do with it is up to them. :p

edgewound
03-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Seriously, it was only about that delightful climb back up your throat that some so-called Mexican food does for hours after you eat it. :barf:

All I can do is report it; what others do with it is up to them. :p

And we were all ready to go to Taco Surf to bask in the after-glow of the LH dinner meet. Somehow, something tells me it's not a glow.:blink: :p

Hamilton
03-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey, I live on that stuff.....I'll be there. :p

And today, off to another "dive" for some corned beef and cabbage! :applaud: The 'ol porcelain throne shall have no rest...

Magnet3
03-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey, I live on that stuff.....I'll be there. :p

And today, off to another "dive" for some corned beef and cabbage! :applaud: The 'ol porcelain throne shall have no rest...

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Mmmm.....corned beef and cabbage...I LOVE it! :bouncy:

Titanium Dome
03-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Mmmm.....corned beef and cabbage...I LOVE it! :bouncy:

I had some up in Watts today for lunch. Jumpin' Jehosephat, there'll be some grease floating tonight.

All thoughts of the Taco Surf cuisine are fading away, but the camaraderie shall live on! :yes:

Long live the Taco Surf Ten!

JohnK
03-17-2006, 05:13 PM
You know, I had no trouble digesting the fish tacos, however I could have done just as well without the 3rd Apple Martini. :)

northwood
05-27-2006, 03:37 AM
lucky guys:applaud: