PDA

View Full Version : Need help on LE10H-1 Driver, JBL L96's

camaro748
02-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Alright guys, I never done much with speakers in my life... but i got 4 JBL 96's that I got and was looking to repair. I got a few friends that know little things about speakers.... but not much about rebuilding them. 2 of the L96's are perfect, I just had to refoam the woofers. Now the other 2 got a problem. The woofers are the LE10H-1's and they dont work at all. When hoked up, they dont move at all. I used my DMM and culdnt get a reading from the terminals of the woofer itself. I can get a reading of 4.9 ohms from the working woofers I got in the other L96's, so I am thinking it might be something with the voice coil. The woofers look perfect, cone, surround. So I think the voice coil burn out or something. Now if anyone can kindly guide me through what I need to do from here to make these woofers work again that would be great. Let me know what else u wanna know

Nightbrace
02-13-2006, 01:31 AM
The easiest thing to do is to check the resistance, if there is no reading, odds are its blown, if thats the case, replacement would probably be your best option, but you've come to the right place :), Welcome!

Zilch
02-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Recone kit for LE10H-1 is available, $202 list.

Depending upon where you are, you may be able to get them reconed with the JBL kit for that, or a little more, apiece.

Click "UserCP," above to enable location display in your profile.

camaro748
02-13-2006, 06:39 AM
so if i were to want to replace them...... what should i replace them with? Like what would be a suitable replacement? 200 dollars for 1 kit to recone them? y is it so much money?

Guido
02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
The only way is to let them recone!

Substitudes are:
LE10H exact replacement
LE111H exact replacement
LE10A slightly different
But these drivers are even more rare.

LE15-Thumper
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Could be bad tinsel leads, had them fool me into a re-cone once.

camaro748
02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
now im confused with this whole situation. I really would like to know if I can simply replace the LE10H-1's with maybe some new speakers? I would rather restore the original, but this project is not funded well. The diameter of the opening is 9 inches on the cabinet and i would like someone t help me out on this one.... not really sure as what Is available for me.

Nightbrace
02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
GET THE ORIGINAL DRIVERS OR HAVE THEM PROPERLY REPAIRED BY A CERTIFIED JBL TECH!!!!

Its expensive, but there is no other way to do it. Check Ebay for a set of replacement drivers, or post in the Marketplace section.

If you replace them with different woofers like radio shack woofers, you will be shot, boiled in acid, and then sent into the sun in a rocket.

Zilch
02-14-2006, 02:25 AM
There's a pair on eBay right now, and another pair sold there two weeks ago for $160....