PDA

View Full Version : Get those grilles off your Studio/L series

Rusnzha
02-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Since I built my surround system for music, I never heard my S38s by themselves until I took them in the bedroom and hooked them up to the Luxman along side my L100s. When I A/Bd them, the S38s sounded like home made shit :barf:next to the L100s! The mids and highs were so poor, I actually thought about dumping them along with the S412s and the
S-Center. :banghead:

I'm sure some of you figured this out 2 days after you got them, but I removed the grilles from the S38s and what a difference. The little guys really gave the L100s a run for the money, it made all the difference in the world, they sounded good! :applaud:I moved them back into the living room and took all the grilles off. This resulted in a major improvement!
:jawdrop:

I just hope no one gives the the dustcaps a poke.

If the new Studio L series is using the same grilles, this will be an even bigger issue since that super tweeter will never penetrate, not if I couldn't even get decent mids through it. If you want to hear the real potential of the Studio/L speakers, get rid of those grilles. They look better naked anyway.

Rolf
02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
I am always removing the grills when I sitting down and LISTEN to music. This I have been doing since my first "hi-fi" speaker. No matter how good the grills are to pass the sound, they will always hide something.

Besides...I love to see the woofers move...:bouncy:

Rolf

Titanium Dome
02-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Most of my speakers are grille-less. However, the Performance Series usually keeps its grilles on. Those pretty domes are so darn attractive they distract me.

Don Mascali
02-13-2006, 03:02 AM
I like all of mine nekid.:D

rockecat
02-13-2006, 07:03 AM
For some reason if I leave the grills off the cat's have no interest at all.
The first time I saw a claw go in I freaked out and have had them off ever since
I can't tell any major difference in sound quality, but they look better to me.