PDA

View Full Version : I'm DisMayed...

Harvey Gerst
02-08-2006, 12:08 PM
... by the total disregard for the contributions to JBL by Bill Burton, the designer that Ed May replaced. Bill was a colorful character and he designed the D123 and the 075 when we on Fletcher Drive. He left to start Transducers Inc., another JBL subsidiary, and Ed came in to take his place after we moved to Casitas.

This in no way is meant to diminish Ed May's well-earned place in the history of JBL, but the total disregard of Bill Burton's contributions, or even any mention of him anywhere in the JBL history, is a deep disappointment to me.

He deseves better.

4313B
02-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks Harvey,

I've just now forwarded your post.

Earl K
02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Harvey ,

- Thanks for the heads-up !

- Now we can start Googling . ;)

:)

hapy._.face
02-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I learn something all the time here. Thank you for pointing this fact out.

spkrman57
02-08-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm sure we will be able to dig some facts to post and add to the JBL legacy!

Ron

scott fitlin
02-08-2006, 01:31 PM
... by the total disregard for the contributions to JBL by Bill Burton, the designer that Ed May replaced. Bill was a colorful character and he designed the D123 and the 075 when we on Fletcher Drive. He left to start Transducers Inc., another JBL subsidiary, and Ed came in to take his place after we moved to Casitas.

This is no way diminished Ed May's well-earned place in the history of JBL, but the total disregard of Bill Burton's contributions, or even any mention of him anywhere in the JBL history is a deep disappointment to me.

He deseves better.In all honesty, I never knew Bill Burton designed my favorite tweeter, that we call the JBL Bullet!

I use 16 of the 2402,s, and I love them!

I have been using JBl pro since 1978, and who designed certain things at JBL, and the actual period they were invented was way before my time.

However, now that I know, I say thank you to Bill Burton for the most famous and classic sounding tweeter of all time!

:)

Titanium Dome
02-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I'll bet there are a number of un-sung heroes from JBL and Harman International who deserve a little mention and a place on the LH wall.

Maybe it's time for an oral history project while there are still voices to record from people who remember.

4313B
02-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Harvey, please follow through. It would really be appreciated.

Thank you.