PDA

View Full Version : Help in identifing JBL 15" woofers?

doucanoe
02-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi, I have been trying to ID some JBL woofers. The are badged JBL GT152D or GT1520. Anyone ever heard of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RC

johnaec
02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Those are JBL car audio woofers - more info here: http://www.jbl.com/car/support/default.aspx?Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA
John

doucanoe
02-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks John,

Would they be reasonable candidate for a DIY subwoofer for home use?

This guy has a pair of these and I have been looking for 15" JBL woofers for a sub project but as you know they can get a little spendy. He is asking for $100.00 for the pair.

RC

johnaec
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Would they be reasonable candidate for a DIY subwoofer for home use?They'd be fun to play with, and $100 isn't a huge investment. Frankly, they'd probably sound pretty good in the right enclosures, (better than nothing), though I think that series might use a stamped metal frame instead of the cast we're used to.

John

doucanoe
02-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Yep, stamped metal for sure not cast.

Might get lucky with the performance but who knows. Listen, I appreciate your input. Maybe I should just save my pennies for the real deal.:D

Thanks again
Ron

JuniorJBL
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Yep, stamped metal for sure not cast.

Might get lucky with the performance but who knows. Listen, I appreciate your input. Maybe I should just save my pennies for the real deal.:D

Thanks again
Ron

Yes JBL Has quite a few of the "REAL DEAL":D