PDA

View Full Version : JBL Blue

hapy._.face
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't own anything in beautiful JBL monitor blue (yet). However, I was wondering if anyone had a sample they could send me (paint chip). I'll pay you for what it's worth. I need to match the color exactly. I'm painting my bathroom JBL blue so I can be surrounded by luxury when I'm taking a dump. If anyone knows the closest match through a major paint company- please tell me the color. I've looked through the old threads and I cannot find this information. Thanks.

4313B
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Where's a moderator to delete this thread?

I just gave it a "terrible" rating.

hapy._.face
01-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey!

I'm totally serious, Giskard! It's no joke. OK maybe the part about 'luxury' and 'taking a dump'. But I'm remodeling my house and my wife and I love the color. It fits in perfectly with everything else. It's the only thing we've agreed upon in 5 years. Of course, I'm going off the screen- so I'd like to see the color in person to verify. Maybe I should vist Old Mics, or Tom Loizeaux- they're local...

Perhaps you noticed the garage in the background of the pics Riessen posted on his 4434 project thread. Hmm? And you Giskard of all people- I'm sure you painted something in your house JBL blue besides a speaker.

Geez. Lighten up.:blink:

4313B
01-29-2006, 07:08 PM
You're the one who wants to lighten up surrounded by JBL Blue.

duaneage
01-29-2006, 07:13 PM

Once again, too funny:applaud:

Personally I don't like the blue. Black baffles are more like it and wood grain is pretty sharp. But I would not want either in the "Library" when I am having a seat.

scott fitlin
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Technically, its a JBL question! He wants JBL Blue. It may not be electronic, but it is JBL.

:dont-know

duaneage
01-29-2006, 07:15 PM
maybe he means Joy Beauty Life for the bathroom???

hapy._.face
01-29-2006, 07:15 PM

Exactly!! At least I won't be full of shit. You must understand the effects proper color has on the bowels. After all- JBL ULF responses...well..you know.

scott fitlin
01-29-2006, 07:16 PM

Personally I don't like the blue. Black baffles are more like it and wood grain is pretty sharp. But I would not want either in the "Library" when I am having a seat.Personally, I would rather start my day off in beige fabric grill color, like the L-300,s!

Much more relaxing color while reading!

:D

toddalin
01-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Personally, I would rather start my day off in beige fabric grill color, like the L-300,s!

Also used on L112's.;)
http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/L112s.jpg

hapy._.face
01-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Personally, I would rather start my day off in beige fabric grill color, like the L-300,s!

Good one Scott- that's nice too. But I'm really thinkin the blue is where it's at...
I know it sounds crazy- but I'M TOTALLY SERIOUS!!! I'll post pics of my bathroom when I'm done (painting, that is)...

jbl4ever
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Maybe paste up some JBL literature:bouncy:

hapy._.face
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Maybe paste up some JBL literature:bouncy:

OK. Kinda like Subway? That's cool- but Wifey would never go for that. Might as well do schematics on the walls.(not a bad idea either). JBL blue is what I want. What color are you guys using when building clones? What's close??

JBL Dog
01-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Exactly!! At least I won't be full of shit. You must understand the effects proper color has on the bowels. After all- JBL ULF responses...well..you know.

OMG!

:barf:

Zilch
01-30-2006, 12:32 AM
JBL Monitor Blue drapery fabric available.

Also good for suit-making.

[Anticipate the viewing... :p ]

jbl4ever
01-30-2006, 01:11 AM
JBL Monitor Blue drapery fabric available.

Also good for suit-making.

[Anticipate the viewing... :p ] OMG Now I have to go use the JBL TP:p

mech986
01-30-2006, 02:40 AM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6658&highlight=jbl+blue

http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1910&highlight=Jbl+blue

Check near the bottom for the latest tweak to the color formula.

Regards,

Bart

Fangio
01-30-2006, 04:06 AM

Personally I don't like the blue. Black baffles are more like it and wood grain is pretty sharp. ...
:cheers:

Before this is statued, more exactly: I prefer black too. Wouldn't go so far to say I don't like the blue at all.

hapy._.face
01-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the links Mech/Ian. I was having trouble finding it. I'll go down tonight and try to get the match. I will post pics when I start to paint (this week sometime). Again, thanks! :D

mech986
01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
You're very welcome! Good luck on your project and of course, send pics.

Regards,

Bart