PDA

View Full Version : Stacks and stacks of stuff

kingjames
01-27-2006, 09:09 AM
There is a place out here got Swap-A-Rama it is an indoor and outdoor Flea Market. There is this Chinese man that has been going here for years and all he does is arrive at this place at about 6 AM and goes to the outside vendors and buys all the electronics,but only stereo equipment and he has been doing this for years. I had forgot about this guy because he sells his wares inside which I never go. Last week I had to go inside for something and came upon his stand and WOW this guy has about 100 stacks of all old shit. I see Adcom, Rotel,Marantz,Sansui,Nakamichi,pioneer,just to name a few. I didn't have time to go through the stuff when I was there. Saturday I am going there to see what old goodies I can find.If anyone has any requests pm me with a model number and I'll see if he has it.He is very cheap as well. For a sample right on top is an Adcom I don't know if it was an Amp,tuner,preamp or what, but he only had a $69.00 price tag on it. This guy always plugs the stuff in to see if it powers on before he buy's it.This Adcom I would guess was maybe 20 something inches long,black in color with orange lettering for Adcom,had quite a few buttons and switches,but no display.Let me know if you guys are looking for anything. Saturday morning I'm going to go see what he has.

jim3860
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
There is a place out here got Swap-A-Rama it is an indoor and outdoor Flea Market. There is this Chinese man that has been going here for years and all he does is arrive at this place at about 6 AM and goes to the outside vendors and buys all the electronics,but only stereo equipment and he has been doing this for years. I had forgot about this guy because he sells his wares inside which I never go. Last week I had to go inside for something and came upon his stand and WOW this guy has about 100 stacks of all old shit. I see Adcom, Rotel,Marantz,Sansui,Nakamichi,pioneer,just to name a few. I didn't have time to go through the stuff when I was there. Saturday I am going there to see what old goodies I can find.If anyone has any requests pm me with a model number and I'll see if he has it.He is very cheap as well. For a sample right on top is an Adcom I don't know if it was an Amp,tuner,preamp or what, but he only had a $69.00 price tag on it. This guy always plugs the stuff in to see if it powers on before he buy's it.This Adcom I would guess was maybe 20 something inches long,black in color with orange lettering for Adcom,had quite a few buttons and switches,but no display.Let me know if you guys are looking for anything. Saturday morning I'm going to go see what he has. Actually if you dont mind asking him, Could you see if he has one of the following tuners. accuphase T-109. Kenwood L-02T. Audiolab 8000-t THANKS JIM:)

Nightbrace
01-27-2006, 01:27 PM
King james, looking for a SAnsu AU-X711. Thanks!

Nightbrace
01-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Actually if you dont mind asking him, Could you see if he has one of the following tuners. accuphase T-109. Kenwood L-02T. Audiolab 8000-

Ever try a Sansui tuner, you might be surprised. I have a TU-717 wih DIY mods that rivals the TU-X1. :), I don't care about tuners too much, but I doubt any of the tuners you mentioned can be had for anywhere near the price of the Sansui tuners/ A TU-517 will get you by as well and can be modded the same way as the TU-717/

jim3860
01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Ever try a Sansui tuner, you might be surprised. I have a TU-717 wih DIY mods that rivals the TU-X1. :), I don't care about tuners too much, but I doubt any of the tuners you mentioned can be had for anywhere near the price of the Sansui tuners/ A TU-517 will get you by as well and can be modded the same way as the TU-717/ Yes the TU-X1 is a nice tuner, also the TU-919. The Tu-X1 has sold in the past for over $2000.00 in mint condition:jawdrop: :eek:

Nightbrace
01-27-2006, 03:43 PM
WOW!! Thats amazing, I think my modded TU-717 sounds identical to the TU-X1, good to know :)/

Rusnzha
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Let me know if you find a yamaha CR2040 for a nice price -- Thanks

kingjames
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Sorry guys I didn't go there this morning had to stay up all night. There was a gang shooting next door to me and my car caught caught in the cross fire. It's a new cadillac and I was too lazy to put it into the garage last night. Oh well that's what insurance is for.I will go next Saturday and I have a list of what you guys requested and will look for those items.

mikebake
01-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Move out.

pelly3s
01-28-2006, 04:42 PM
i would shoot whoever shot my car lol. i could use one of everything the guy has