PDA

View Full Version : HP 339A Distortion meter

Flodstroem
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi members

Somebody had any experience with the HP 339A Distortion analyzer/meter ?
Asking for planing to buy an old one.

Regards

tomp787
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello,

I think I used HP339 in 1982. I think it has the source oscillator as well as the notch filter/voltmeter. is that correct? I think the HP lab equipment is very nice to use and well built. But I think you will also need a spectrum analyzer to help understand the distortion components for general lab use.

I think for general use you should instead save for a spectrum analyzer. But if you are building a production test setup the distortion analyzer would give you a pass/fail answer more quickly.

How do you plan to use the HP339?

Best Regards,
Tom

Flodstroem
01-31-2006, 01:49 AM
When experimenting mostly in amplifier designing, but also when building, testing and servicing amps it would be beneficial to use a "simple" THD dist. analyzer. The old HP 339A could be an analyzer/meter for this purpose that will not ruin my economy if buying one. Of course, a spectrum analyzer would be more versatile but to a much higher costs due to used equipment of this type are still very expensive. And I have an oscilloscope to look at when using the HP 339A meter. :blink:

I appreciate any inputs regarding the meter, what ever it is, thanks in advance.

Pop Alexandra
04-21-2021, 07:26 AM
Hi members

Somebody had any experience with the HP 339A Distortion analyzer (https://cianalytics.com/)/meter ?
Asking for planing to buy an old one.

Regards

Did you find one? If so, do you mind if you share your contact?
Thanks in advance!