PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Amps Back from Upgrades

Ken Pachkowsky
01-23-2006, 03:08 PM
After two months waiting the big moment is here. I can hardly wait to fire them up later today.

What amazed me is they did not just replace the Electrolytics, they replaced the boards with brand new boards including the accumulated most recent design changes! They even paid the shipping back! Simply shocked and ashamed that I was getting testy about it taking so long.

Lets hope they sound as good as they look. Here is a pic or two.

Ken

Titanium Dome
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Those are some of the most orderly boards I've ever seen. Golly gee willikers! :jawdrop:

I bet they sound as good as they look.

edgewound
01-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Sweeeeet...very nice. Looking forward to hearing yo rig:) . See ya Wednesday AM.

Ken Pachkowsky
01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes, it should be fun. Bring some CD's.

The Boulders do require a complete re-setup of the system but are already sounding quite nice. I think these may be the keepers.

Ken

John
01-23-2006, 08:03 PM
I think these may be the keepers.

Ken

I wouldn't bet my last donut on that???:p

Mr. Widget
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't bet my last donut on that???:p:rotfl:

Julie's lucky that it is only the hi-fi that is constantly getting upgraded.;)

Widget

Ken Pachkowsky
01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't bet my last donut on that???:p

You guys are mean! You know me too well.

Ken

jim3860
01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
After two months waiting the big moment is here. I can hardly wait to fire them up later today.

What amazed me is they did not just replace the Electrolytics, they replaced the boards with brand new boards including the accumulated most recent design changes! They even paid the shipping back! Simply shocked and ashamed that I was getting testy about it taking so long.

Lets hope they sound as good as they look. Here is a pic or two.

Ken Very impressive. Congrats and happy listening:applaud:

scott fitlin
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
You guys are mean! You know me too well.

KenOK, so maybe you would`nt trade your wife for a couple more Boulder amps, but how are these sounding? They have quite the reputation!

Detailed description of sound, please.

:D

toddalin
01-24-2006, 10:03 AM
When I was last at the CES, I was demoing the Boulder Amps and all agreed that they were best used for "ROCK" music.:D