PDA

View Full Version : These are the days...

Fred Sanford
01-21-2006, 06:54 AM
These are the days that make it all worth it- today I was working at the headquarters of a music management company re-designing their dubbing room and listening room. Littering (and I mean littering) the entire office was piles of CDs, cassettes, LPs, videotapes, DVDs...you name it, media was everywhere. Every component I tested had something interesting to play in it.

Test the DVD? Def Leppard playing covers at a party.

Test the VHS? The US player had outtakes from Shania Twain videos, the multi-zone player had unreleased videos from the Dead 60s.

3/4" player? Nickel Creek rehearsals, looked like demos for their second album.

CD player? Chili Peppers demos in one room, Metallica St. Anger demos in the other.

Cassette? Madonna, development demos from the writing sessions that became Ray of Light.

DAT? One room had Nina Gordon working with Jon Brion on arrangements for Tonight and the Rest of My Life, the other had old demos from Queensryche.

LP? Old (REALLY old) Metallica test pressings.

...I asked them today if I could get hired by them just to archive & catalog their old DATs before they through out their machines...though I'd probably pay THEM for that.

je

norealtalent
01-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I think you need an assistant. When do we start?:bouncy:

Fred Sanford
01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I think you need an assistant. When do we start?:bouncy:

We're hiring, no joke. Most of our work is in the NYC tri-state area and the Hamptons, some travelling throughout USA and elsewhere. PM me if you're serious.

Or, did you mean assistance with the DATs? :D

je