PDA

View Full Version : JBL LE25-4 Aren't I Helpful?

vettedrummer
01-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Now I've heard it all! I was looking for a mint set of LE25-4's on ebay to complete my L-36 Decade re- store project. I found the set and won the auction. Now the good part, I made it clear to the seller about taking care not to crush the dust covers. I told him this has happened to me before so be careful. I paid with Paypal and waited. Today I sent him an email asking when the speakers would be shipped out and which carrier he was using. His reply: "I removed the dust covers for you...that way they won't get damaged. Aren't I helpful". How could he have taken them off without damage to the speaker cone? Will they be any good? What do you use to put them back on if I feel it's ok to keep them and not return them for my money back? I'm pissed needless to say! Frank

Don C
01-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I'd be pissed too.

vettedrummer
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
OK, I just found out the guy was only playing with me and had himself a good laugh at the reply I sent him. So all is well he packed em the right way! The last item I got was a McIntosh C504 shipped in a single walled box with the unit packed on a slant with the knobs touching one box side and the grounding terminal poking out the other side with only a few sheets of newspaper for padding. False alarm I guess on this one! I have to laugh at it now, it is pretty funny!

Rolf
01-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Well, you might have seen that coming, as you stated very strongly NOT to remove the dustcovers.:D It was a good joke, - - -after you found out he was kidding, but I am sure at that first moment you where probably :banghead:

Rolf