PDA

View Full Version : woofer 120ti

kingjames
01-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Ya, I got those 120ti's and one woofer is blown,at least I think it is. It sounds like shit when I crank it up and, I did change the wires from right to left on my receiver so I know it's not the channel. This will probably make some people happy but I'll leave that alone. Is it better maybe just to see if I can find a repalcement on ebay? I don't know anything about reconing so I won't go there.Is there someone who could do this for a fee and I could send it to you?The woofer is making a muffled noise but the mids and tweeters sound fine.What is the model number for this woofer so I can find a replacement? Thanks! Jim

Robh3606
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Hello Jim

That would be a 128h-1 You just missed a NIB single on Ebay. They are available on the JBL transducer list or you can recone what you have.

Rob:)

Earl K
01-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi Jim

- Please bookmark this thread. (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5784&highlight=pdf)

- That thread has most of the tech sheets that you'll need as a JBL owner. Crossover schematics & the most siginifcant part numbers are on the individual sheets.

In a Pinch ( will reduce resale value )
- There's an ongoing auction on eBay ( # 5855189410 ) for a 128h woofer.
- This is the whitefaced version of the 128h-1.

:)

kingjames
01-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi Jim

- Please bookmark this thread. (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5784&highlight=pdf)

- That thread has most of the tech sheets that you'll need as a JBL owner. Crossover schematics & the most siginifcant part numbers are on the individual sheets.

In a Pinch ( will reduce resale value )
- There's an ongoing auction on eBay ( # 5855189410 ) for a 128h woofer.
- This is the whitefaced version of the 128h-1.

:)

Thanks, I knew that thread was somewhere but can never find it when I need it. I did bookmark it this time. I saw that white woofer and I think I would prefer to keep it original with the 128h-1. Thanks anyway. Jim

porschedpm
01-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Before you start investing more money in these I'd first isolate what the problem is. I would take the suspect woofer out and measure the DC Resistance with an ohm meter to see if it falls within range (5.1 to 6.3 ohms). If you don't have an ohm meter, you might try hooking the speaker cable up directly to the input terminals on the suspect 12" woofer, thus bypassing the crossover, to see if the problem persists. If you have a known-good 12" woofer lying around you can plug that in and see if that cures the problem. If the problem persists, maybe its a problem with the crossover, another driver, or the wiring inside.

kingjames
01-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Before you start investing more money in these I'd first isolate what the problem is. I would take the suspect woofer out and measure the DC Resistance with an ohm meter to see if it falls within range (5.1 to 6.3 ohms). If you don't have an ohm meter, you might try hooking the speaker cable up directly to the input terminals on the suspect 12" woofer, thus bypassing the crossover, to see if the problem persists. If you have a known-good 12" woofer lying around you can plug that in and see if that cures the problem. If the problem persists, maybe its a problem with the crossover, another driver, or the wiring inside.

I did remove the woofer and pushed the cone down and it got stuck. I can feel the voice coil rubbing also.The mids and tweeters work fine. Thanks for your good suggestions though. Jim

Don C
01-19-2006, 10:19 AM
You can go to the JBL pro website and look up service centers near you.