PDA

View Full Version : Paragon Horn issue.......A little help please...

SUPERBEE
01-16-2006, 01:09 PM
While cleaning and polishing my Paragon I got a little of the wood polish on the top of the horn. So now it has a darker spot than the rest of the horn. I have tried to clean it with water and then a little general cleaner with no luck. Is there anything I can clean and polish the horns with?

jim3860
01-16-2006, 01:27 PM
While cleaning and polishing my Paragon I got a little of the wood polish on the top of the horn. So now it has a darker spot than the rest of the horn. I have tried to clean it with water and then a little general cleaner with no luck. Is there anything I can clean and polish the horns with? I would try using a lil TSP - tri sodium phosphate for cleaning mix a lil with water. perhaps try it on something similar and less valuable first though. I dont think it will hurt them though. As far as polishing Armorall seems to work well on plastic if your horns are fibreglass. same rule applies here though, try it on something less valuable first:)

Rolf
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
While cleaning and polishing my Paragon I got a little of the wood polish on the top of the horn. So now it has a darker spot than the rest of the horn. I have tried to clean it with water and then a little general cleaner with no luck. Is there anything I can clean and polish the horns with?

Hi. In the days of the Paragon I used to polish the horns as well with the same oil.

jim3860: the horns is of metal...

Rolf

SUPERBEE
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi. In the days of the Paragon I used to polish the horns as well with the same oil.

jim3860: the horns is of metal...

Rolf

I was wondering about that. Its just going to make a dry metal look new,It wont hurt anything?

speakerdave
01-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Superbee, your avatar GREATLY increases eye strain, and I wish you would change it.

David

Rolf
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
I was wondering about that. Its just going to make a dry metal look new,It wont hurt anything?

I can not guarantee every product, but I used a good oil for wood. Just use a little, until you see the "color" change. I also think they look nicer after the oiling. Anybody else got an opinion?

Rolf

SUPERBEE
01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Superbee, your avatar GREATLY increases eye strain, and I wish you would change it.

David

GEEEZ

OK, You could just not look at it.

57BELAIRE
01-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I can not guarantee every product, but I used a good oil for wood. Just use a little, until you see the "color" change. I also think they look nicer after the oiling. Anybody else got an opinion?

Rolf

...well, you could always use some chrome polish:p

SUPERBEE
01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
...well, you could always use some chrome polish:p

OUCH!

speakerdave
01-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Right. That's the other option.

maxwedge
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM

David
Look's ok to me.:applaud:

Sorry, off topic.......:bouncy:

SUPERBEE
01-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Look's ok to me.:applaud:

Sorry, off topic.......:bouncy:

All most as nice as yours

Abatard envy?

SUPERBEE
01-17-2006, 01:05 AM
OK.......

I may have found something. The Mr CleanŽ Erase blocks seem to clean the oil spot AND the whole horn so it looks brand new. It is also very controlable since it is in block form. I will let it dry overnite and report back in the morning

maxwedge
01-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by SUPERBEE

Abatard envy?
Yep:blink:

SUPERBEE
01-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Yep:blink:

Can I go off topic and ask what do you have with a Max Wedge?

maxwedge
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Can I go off topic and ask what do you have with a Max Wedge?
Well I don't have a Max Wedge but I do have a 440 and it is wedge. :D Unfortunetly the Challenger it's in has a bunch of speaker box's on top of it. :screwy:

SUPERBEE
01-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I don't have a Max Wedge but I do have a 440 and it is wedge. :D Unfortunetly the Challenger it's in has a bunch of speaker box's on top of it. :screwy:
That B7 Blue Super bee is mine and it has a 440

loach71
01-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Good Grief! As a die-hard BowTie guy I must say they are way too many MOPAR AVATARS in the thread. LOL:applaud:

SUPERBEE
01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Good Grief! As a die-hard BowTie guy I must say they are way too many MOPAR AVATARS in the thread. LOL:applaud:

Then please leave and take your slow cars with you

TYIA
:blah:

glen
01-19-2006, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=SUPERBEE]While cleaning and polishing my Paragon I got a little of the wood polish on the top of the horn.QUOTE]

If it doesn't clean up just turn the horn upside down http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/spin.gif (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=4#)

Rolf
01-19-2006, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=SUPERBEE]While cleaning and polishing my Paragon I got a little of the wood polish on the top of the horn.QUOTE]

If it doesn't clean up just turn the horn upside down http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/spin.gif (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=4#)

Why did not I thought of that? :biting:

Rolf

Maron Horonzakz
01-19-2006, 07:25 AM
It takes a sweet little child to see the obvious.:o:

Oldmics
01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
quote from Glem

"If it doesn't clean up just turn the horn upside down http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/spin.gif (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=4#)"

Unfortunatly it won"t work in that fashion.

There is a predrilled set of mounting holes that can"t be seen from the front.Once the horn is inverted those holes would now be exposed on the outer viewpoint.

You would also have to redrill the holes on the outer section of the horn to accomidate the mounting inside.
Good thought though.I tried the same approach and it will not work.:banghead:

Best regards,Oldmics

Rolf
01-19-2006, 01:18 PM
There is a predrilled set of mounting holes that can"t be seen from the front.Once the horn is inverted those holes would now be exposed on the outer viewpoint.

I knew there was a reason I dit not thought about it!:p

Rolf

SUPERBEE
01-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I am kinda liking the look of the horns oiled up and new looking but dont know what kind of oil/polish I should use?

:banghead:

Alan Fletcher
01-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Not a Mopar man, but I like the avatar. Anything that smokes tires is cool. :applaud:

Was that Paragon in the photo one of the Industrial Variants, or just an ebony one with a home-made reflector?

-A

Michael Smith
01-19-2006, 08:40 PM
What about using gun barrel blue if the stain doesn't come out?
Should work
Regards
Michael

glen
01-20-2006, 01:39 AM
It should still work without drilling...

if you swap the left an right horns
(and the mounting holes are vertically aligned)

quote from Glem

"If it doesn't clean up just turn the horn upside down http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/spin.gif (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=4#)"

Unfortunatly it won"t work in that fashion.

You would also have to redrill the holes on the outer section of the horn to accomidate the mounting inside.
Good thought though.I tried the same approach and it will not work.:banghead:

Best regards,Oldmics

57BELAIRE
01-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Not a Mopar man, but I like the avatar. Anything that smokes tires is cool. :applaud:

Was that Paragon in the photo one of the Industrial Variants, or just an ebony one with a home-made reflector?

-A

That's the mockup ( the first of three layers) of a homemade reflector on an ebony Paragon.

SUPERBEE
01-27-2006, 04:26 PM
OK.........

After much work they are back to normal. And what worked? A washcloth and warm water

:applaud:

Rolf
01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
OK.........

After much work they are back to normal. And what worked? A washcloth and warm water

:applaud:

DOO, did you told me you used waterbased oil? NO. Or was it a polish, like what you use on a car?:baby:

Anyway, very glad to hear things worked out for you.

If you don't want your horrible speaker any more, let me know. I pick it up, and use it for firewood.:o:

Rolf

SUPERBEE
01-27-2006, 06:31 PM
DOO, did you told me you used waterbased oil? NO. Or was it a polish, like what you use on a car?:baby:

Anyway, very glad to hear things worked out for you.

If you don't want your horrible speaker any more, let me know. I pick it up, and use it for firewood.:o:

Rolf

This was lemon oil

Rolf
01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
This was lemon oil

I prefere a little sweeter oil;) Anyway, do you want me to remove yourself from all the trouble you have with your speaker? Just send it to me. I pay the freight!:)

If you don't have any other speaker I send you mine...no freight...:D

Rolf

SUPERBEE
01-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I prefere a little sweeter oil;) Anyway, do you want me to remove yourself from all the trouble you have with your speaker? Just send it to me. I pay the freight!:)

If you don't have any other speaker I send you mine...no freight...:D

Rolf

Its just a Paragon