PDA

View Full Version : Green Light

rockecat
01-14-2006, 01:16 PM
My way better half and I have agreed it is time to upgrade the our theatre audio.We purchaed a 65'' Mitsubishi wide screen six month's ago and now time to replace the very old Sony SAV system. JBL has what appears to be some good deal's on their website, has anybody heard these I would apreciate the input.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=S310CH-Z&status=

boputnam
01-14-2006, 01:58 PM
What is your audio system to be comprised of?
Are you going 5.1, or 2.0 (like me, a diehard...)?

Give us your audio components, either current or planned, and you'll get more suggestions. Also, room dimensions, etc. can help those interested.

rockecat
01-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey Bob, upstairs we are using the classic setup for audio.
Pioneer SX-950
JBL L50's
JBL L46's
Technic SL-950 table
Denon CD player
Pioneer EQ
We use this area more than the theatre area, we are probably what you would call music buff's more than stereophiles. We are really big on music DVD's now and have been playing upstair's without video just to get the sound appreciable as opposed to video and crappy sound.

The room dimension's are 14x12 eight foot ceiling , I would like to keep the cost total around $2000.00 including the amp but not including the DVD player if possible I would like to avoid using a sub but if that is what it takes now with the new generation of loudspeaker's I will.