PDA

View Full Version : JBL W1000H

Isophon
01-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi All.

This is my first time posting here, what a great place to visit !! Tons of info regarding JBL and Altec http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif

I have heard that model W1000H is worth buying. Would any of you recommend it ?

If I were to buy one, what is the usual price range.

I have try looking at H/K web site but did not find much regarding spare parts to buy.

BTW, this was the driver used in JBL 1500.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Isophon
01-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I little type, the driver is the W1500H.

TIA,
Eric

Mr. Widget
01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Welcome aboard! The W1500H is the next generation of the Sub1500... there are many here who will freely endorse this fine driver. I would expect the W1500H to be at least as good as the Sub1500. Since it is so new, it may be difficult to get one though.

Widget

Earl K
01-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi Eric

- Since you're a new member, be aware that this site does have quite a good search engine built into it. It's button isn't exactly prominent within my browsers display / so it's often easy to overlook its' use ( see my example ).

- I've included a partial "screen capture" of all the returned hits obtained, when one does a simple text search for; W1500H . Inside some of these threads are a few pics of the W1500H / along with some small bits of other useful info .

- I don't know if this product is officially released / maybe somewhat explaining it's present lack of profile around here.

- Another observation ; 2/4 ohm "companion" products to these home sub-woofers seem to show up in the auto-sound sector first . Within that market , they are priced quite competively. That means they are sometimes more affordable than the roughly comparable product within the audiophile sector.

- Here's a pic a 10" version ( that could be labelled W1000H for all I know ) . Maybe Akira can expand on this product. See Akiras' L100 Makeover Thread (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7940) for more insights on using so-called "car" woofers for home audio . Also read the linked thread for a look at his great L100 makeover.

:)

BTW So you are aware, you can edit the title of this thread ( within 24 hrs of posting it ) / if you want it to be a little more accurate.