PDA

View Full Version : L220

jim campbell
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Was there ever some kind of factory plinth for these?

Michael Smith
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
G'day
I sold these new in the old days and I never saw an optional plinth,the only option I was aware of was the cut out for the Grater on the grill
Michael

jim campbell
01-12-2006, 07:17 PM
thanx for the input.I just noticed the picture showed them off the ground but not enough detail to see for sure.How did they sell down your way and for how much.I got mine in siberia for $1200 cdn.,in good shape, used, to sub for my L 300 set that I regret:banghead: having sold more every day:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Steve Gonzales
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey Jim, pull that LE5-9 out of there and and install the H92/LE85 out of the L300's (they fit perfectly in the same hole) and TRI-AMP them and let me know how ya like them. I've done this and it is easy to do and the results are quite good.

jim campbell
01-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately I dumped my electronic x over when the L 300's were sold.I am trying to decide what components to rebuild or maybe go with a stock system.thanx for the suggestion though.:banghead:

jim campbell
01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey Michael,how does the audio thing play out down there.Can you find the obscure music locally or do you have to pay big bucks to import.Does your proximity to Japan influence the market for gear and music.Do you get a lot of American and European gear or is the shipping thing or duty-taxes thing a big disadvantage.I have seen but not heard some of the Oz made power amps and I wonder how you guys rate em. Just curious y'all.http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/banghead.gif