PDA

View Full Version : classifieds?

jim3860
01-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Whats everyones opinion on starting a classified section, where you could post something for sale or something wanted. perhaps $2 per ad to run for 2 weeks. pay via paypal or credit card. it would bring in extra money for the forum, which could be used to fund other projects or future upgrades general expenses etc. good idea? bad idea?:)

kingjames
01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Very good idea indeed.

invstbiker
01-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Great Idea

John
01-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Well what is Marketplace for ?:banghead:

Titanium Dome
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Well what is Marketplace for ?:banghead:

John's picked up the scent: we don't use it much for sales, but the marketplace has been good to me for picking up gear for sale by other members. It is the place for classifieds on LH.

Good stuff usually sells quickly. :bouncy:

jim3860
01-13-2006, 12:24 AM
John's picked up the scent: we don't use it much for sales, but the marketplace has been good to me for picking up gear for sale by other members. It is the place for classifieds on LH.

Good stuff usually sells quickly. :bouncy: Yes i see your point that the marketplace is where people have been posting for sale items and heads up for whats on ebay craiglist etc. It just seemed to me that the posts space fills up pretty fast in a single day in marketplace. for example if i posted an need for L112 grills probablly only the people that visited that day would see it, a week later it would be buried under several days of new posts. some members dont visit here every day like i do:p. A ad or post would stand a better chance of being seen and responded too imho if it could be placed as a ad and viewed for a week or so, in a subsection perhaps of marketplace? and it would be an extra source of revenue for the forum.............. Just a thought is all :)

invstbiker
01-13-2006, 08:09 AM
I agree with Jim, how 'bout a members only classified which excludes all the ebay info and a small charge to help generate revenue for this site.