PDA

View Full Version : L65's for 45 bucks!!

ReEdger
01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
I bought a pair of L65 Jubals for $45 at one of the local thrifts. I was tipped off by one of my birdog scouts. He told me that he saw a pair of big ole JBL's with walnut cabinets earlier in the day. When I started to panic, he told me to calm down. They're still there, he says. They want too much money for them, no one is going to buy them. I ask how much? He says $60!!!
I jumped in the Mustang and could have been thrown in jail for the way I drove over to that thrift shop! When I got there, get this, there was a guy negotiating with the assistant manager for the JBL's. He offered $15 because the surrounds were shot on them. The assistant manager told him to come back tomorrow when the manager returns as she is not authorized to give discounts. He walked away from them!! :D
While in line a nice elderly man used his 25% senior citizen discount to get the L65's for me for $45. What a nice guy! I am going to restore his AR's for him as a way of thanking him.

pelly3s
01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
everyone seems to be getting all these great deals lately and im getting nothing its just not any fair lol the jbl gods must not be happy with me

glen
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
And what an "edge of your seat" story!

Good for you!

Don Mascali
01-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Dude, you must be livin' right.:applaud:

Regis
01-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Nice score! Yep, I would've driven the same way! I've done a few "Cannonball Runs" in the wagon. The excitement building up! Like Norealtalent sez, the chase is half the fun!

JBLnsince1959
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
everyone seems to be getting all these great deals lately and im getting nothing its just not any fair lol the jbl gods must not be happy with me

me neither...... :banghead: :banghead:

great score!!!! :applaud:

hjames
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Just out of curiosity - what in the world are you?
... I mean roughly what area
(I don't expect you to give up your trusty Thrift shoppe address!)