PDA

View Full Version : JBL ti10k SUB -SUB1500

Niklas Nord
01-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Is it the JBL SUB1500 in the ti10K sub? Or any other subs?

Anthony L100
01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi Niklas, You mention Ti10k sub. I have a TiK sub and I beleive this uses the Sub 1500 unit, is that what you mean't? Does it look like this?

Titanium Dome
01-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Man, Anthony, that is effing sweet. What a beauty.

pelly3s
01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
i like the packaging it came in more than the sub lol. that is a killer looking sub though. who wants to buy me a pair :)

grumpy
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
search on Revel 15 and HB1500 in addition to the TiK sub...

Niklas Nord
01-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Aha, well yes I hope itīs the same sub

http://www.pal.pp.se/~nord/jblsub1500/pic_215.jpg

Anthony L100
01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Man, Anthony, that is effing sweet. What a beauty.

Yes, Ti Dome, it's awesome, probably a little too so for my modest room. A pair of PS1400s that I picked up yesterday seem to suit my room and musical taste much better. Any suggestions as to how I could aquire a pair of PT800s to complete the job? I can't find any in the UK and Harman consumer (UK) couldn't even tell me the retail price! I notice Harman US have "remanufactured" units, but they won't ship. I think i'm stuffed!:D

korgroenewoud
01-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Indeed, the Sub1500 is used in the JBL TiK SUB. Great sounding woofer.

Kor

Titanium Dome
01-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Yes, Ti Dome, it's awesome, probably a little too so for my modest room. A pair of PS1400s that I picked up yesterday seem to suit my room and musical taste much better. Any suggestions as to how I could aquire a pair of PT800s to complete the job? I can't find any in the UK and Harman consumer (UK) couldn't even tell me the retail price! I notice Harman US have "remanufactured" units, but they won't ship. I think i'm stuffed!:D

Through a series of complicated events, you could probably get someone to purchase a pair and ship them to you. Seems like someone from the east coast of the US would be the way to go. However, there's a lot of trust involved. You'd have to put the money up front and hope the US buyer actually followed through.

What's the finish on the PS1400s? Cherry, Beech, or Black Ash? Did they come with the PT800 mounting hardware?

Anthony L100
01-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Through a series of complicated events, you could probably get someone to purchase a pair and ship them to you. Seems like someone from the east coast of the US would be the way to go. However, there's a lot of trust involved. You'd have to put the money up front and hope the US buyer actually followed through.

What's the finish on the PS1400s? Cherry, Beech, or Black Ash? Did they come with the PT800 mounting hardware?

Thanks for the reply TD. Yes, I had considered something like this, but it is a big ask! I also considered this option, a friend visits the States regularly, Clearwater I believe, not too sure where this is. If I could order them from Harman US with the Clearwater shipping address, do you think they would entertain it? The problem seems to arise when they find you don't live in the US, they want you to only deal with your importer! I have the full performance series manual and the PTs are 37lbs each. If I could get this far, then possibly he could bring them back one at a time as hand luggage! I'm certainly prepared to move mountains to get 'em. I have plenty of "equity" left in this deal for shipping as I got very lucky with the PS1400s.
In the UK they are Ģ1800 each retail, twice the price in the States! See what we have to put up with over here.http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/frown.gif Yes, black ash with the full kit!
I read your full PS thread recently in one sitting, 'phew'. I liked your account of the Magnolia visithttp://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/applaud.gifeven with a slight bias! So... I have the opportunity to complete this magnificent system at a price I can afford. I've got to do it ,haven't I?

Does anyone know if the PT 800 is available in Europe please?