PDA

View Full Version : l100

vmax700
01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
I have a pair of L100speakers and notice the left speaker tends to produce more bass than the right , the settings are the same factory specs, as manual suggests. Could it be location? one is near a hallway and the other in a cornerl. thanks in advance for your responses.

johnaec
01-09-2006, 09:18 PM
I would suspect the one in the corner has subtantially more bass output.

John

vmax700
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I must apologize, I was unclear in earlier message. The speaker near the hallway has obviously more punchthanthe one in the corner. I am not original owner who had told me there was no repairs ever done. do crossovers ever need cleaning? Again thanks for all your help

johnaec
01-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Try swapping the positions of the speakers to see if the soft one moves with the cabnet.

John

boputnam
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Try swapping the positions of the speakers...You are a genius. I was gonna suggest he stand on his head... :rotfl:

jbl4ever
01-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Check to see if the speaker is wired out of phase

vmax700
01-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Prior to the lat esponse I did swap speakers and found the problem to be within the amp or left channel which seems to be the problem. thanks. I would like to think this forum is one of information helping those who are'nt as knowledgable about these wonderful JBL speakers, and not one to embarrass or poke fun of those less experienced with troubleshooting. I appreciate the patience with those who actually want to help and hope others that may have such elementary problems can compfortably address their own here without fear of being embarrassed by others. As always thanks for all of your help

vmax700
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I did check to see if it was possible for the positive negative wires to be crossed between the amp and speaker. Thank you. Isn't there a member thatmakes replacement grills for the l100? Do you know if he ha the variety of colors. thanks again

remusr
01-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Forum member is sonofagun.
Otherwise I ran across an EBay ad 5847846277 for L100 foam grilles saying they have an infinite number of sizes of foam avaialbe for replacement grilles. Might try them! Seller id "lakemattoonbar" in Neoga, Illinois.

rek50
01-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Your "Amp" may have dirty controls or connections. Another posibility is the speaker cables. Is the left weak on all sources (Aux, FM, or Phono)? Check/swap cables and see if the problem follows the swap. Clean all connections. Rotate all controls (speaker selection, balance, bass, treble....) back and forth, OR blast them all with Deoxit (Parts Express, Radio Shack) and rotate them back and forth at least 50 times. Unplug the "Amp", remove the cover, to blast the controls with Deoxit. Dirt will prevent a "Clean" sound.

boputnam
01-10-2006, 08:51 AM
I would like to think this forum is one of information helping those who are'nt as knowledgable about these wonderful JBL speakers, and not one to embarrass or poke fun of those less experienced with troubleshooting. I would think so, too. We are hopeful for John's abilities... :rotfl:

boputnam
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
I appreciate the patience with those who actually want to help... OK. I'll sober up. Dammit...

Did you buy these L100's new? Are you the original owner?
Have you yourself done any work on the L100's?
What is the signal path?
Does this symptom occur on all sources?
What are the pre-amp and amp makes and models?
Did you connect these speakers yourself?
Did you try standing on your head...?

OK, forget the last one, but if you want SERIOUS trouble shooting here, you must take the time and give serious input parameters for forumites to consider.

We are ready...