PDA

View Full Version : any JBL news at CEs 2006

Valentin
01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
any member of the forum at ces 2006

any news of jbl new array system

TimG
01-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Just got back from CES early this morning. The JBL K2s were playing and they were mighty impressive. I only had 2 day so I spent my time at THE Show and the CES high-end section at Alexis Village and St Tropez. JBL did not have their own display there, the K2s were being used, to great effect, to demonstrate some new mono block solid state amps from Ayre. I have pictures to post, but I have to go to work. I also finally got to hear the Cogent field coil drivers and the Edgarhorn Titans.

mikebake
01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Just got back from CES early this morning. The JBL K2s were playing and they were mighty impressive. I only had 2 day so I spent my time at THE Show and the CES high-end section at Alexis Village and St Tropez. JBL did not have their own display there, the K2s were being used, to great effect, to demonstrate some new mono block solid state amps from Ayre. I have pictures to post, but I have to go to work. I also finally got to hear the Cogent field coil drivers and the Edgarhorn Titans.
How did you like the Titans?

scott fitlin
01-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes, how did you like the titans? And what about the Cogent field coil drivers?

SureFire
01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Spent 3 days at the CES high end show at Alexis Village and THE Show next door at the St Tropez Hotel. VERY impressive sound at the Cogent True Life Full Range Field Coil Drivers demo room. The bass response was tight, low and room shaking from these incredible 2 way horns. Attendees brought there own demo disc's and Steve and Rich were happy to play them. The pinpoint you are there imaging was outstanding, Peggy Lee singing "Fever" was there, up front and the correct image size. Top to bottom very smooth. BTW they were running a SE 45 amplifier of all of 2 watt's of power! You really need a LARGE room for this system, in this hotel room the "Sweet Spot" for the best imaging was about 3 feet wide at 10 feet back.

The Edgerhorn Titans with Dr. Edger at the helm. Always a pleasure to talk to this enthusiastic designer. The overall sound was clean and fast, bass response solid. The Edgerhorn room was smallish, listening area could have been larger for such a large array. Also using a 4 watt SE Amp.

Classic Audio Reproduction's T-3 Project Horn Speakers were being demonstrated in a larger suite. Overall sound was one of the best of both show's IMO. Using all T.A.D. Drivers, top to bottom definition was outstanding. Bass response was the best of the show, period IMO. Imaging was excellent anywhere in the room. Also using a 20 watt tube O.T.L. amp.

This is a show that any Forum member would love to attend. Over 300+ rooms with the latest and greatest in cutting edge audio, from builders all over the Planet. Try and catch it next year.

Brian:)