PDA

View Full Version : JBL 120ti's

kingjames
01-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Just scored a set of 120ti's off of ebay, never heard them before and was wondering how will they compare to my 4311's? Let me know your thought's good or bad. Thanks.Jim

johnaec
01-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Did you get that pair from San Jose, CA? I was watching them, then they were pulled: http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-PAIR-OF-SPEAKERS-120Ti_W0QQitemZ5851042086QQcategoryZ50597QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

I can't see any other completed listings??

John

kingjames
01-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, I made him an offer before there were any bids on them and he agreed and I sent payment.He forgot to end auction until I reminded him about 8 hours later after I saw it was still going.

Did you get that pair from San Jose, CA? I was watching them, then they were pulled: http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-PAIR-OF-SPEAKERS-120Ti_W0QQitemZ5851042086QQcategoryZ50597QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

I can't see any other completed listings??

John

johnaec
01-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, I made him an offer before there were any bids on them and he agreed and I sent payment.He forgot to end auction until I reminded him about 8 hours later after I saw it was still going.How much did you get them for? I was going to bid, :( ,but usually wait until near the end so as to not run the price up.

Personally, I hope you don't make that a habit - it just preempts the rest of us from making bids, and technically, it's against eBay rules.

John

kingjames
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I have done it on some occasions but only when the item is first posted and there are no bids on it. In this case there wouldn't have been a problem if the guy would have canceled his ad as agreed. I only made one offer on an item that already had a bid on it and it was by Giskard of which I told him about and since we split the cost it was alright. It was stated this ad was from the big brothers and sisters of the area,it appeared the guy wasn't to famailiar with JBL'S as he listed them as Lansing and this is why I made the offer. I believe, being from a charity I figured they would rather have money upfront then wait the auction out. They could of refused my offer, but they didn't. I would never offer money on an item that already has bids, that would be against my policy,I do have some moral's left. As far as being against Ebay policy I don't know, but I think it is common practice that people email for a bin price when one isin't stated. To answer your question though I paid $300.00 for the speakers and $65.00 for shipping. Maybe I shouldn't have done it,now you kind of got me thinking!Anyone else's thought's, am I quilty as charged?

Don C
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
You made out like a bandit, and the seller blew it. They are worth more than 300. They'll probably get smashed in shipping though.

4313B
01-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Just scored a set of 120ti's off of ebay, never heard them before and was wondering how will they compare to my 4311's?Let's just say that if you don't post forthwith that you've eBay'd the 4311's we'll all know you have bubblegum in your ears... ;)

johnaec
01-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, it wasn't even 2 days into the auction, and I think you'll find most seasoned eBay users generally don't start bidding until close to the end. If he'd left it up longer, he would have gotten substantially more for them, possibly from me. If everyone did as you say, it would just get into a war of preemptive strikes - "maybe I can get this unknowledgeable seller to take my bait before anyone else gets to them..." - it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To legitimately have an auction of the "preemptive" type, eBay offers the "Submit Best Offer" option, which would cover the way you did it. If you read through eBay's rules, you'll definately see the type of buying you did is prohibited, for both the buyer and seller - quote:

Buyer policy: Members may not contact a seller and offer to purchase a listed item outside of eBay.

Sellers prohibited from: Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who became aware of the item through eBay.

Please play by the rules so we all have a fair chance - that's all I'm asking.

Thanks - John

kingjames
01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
There you go Giskard reading my mind. I was thinking about dumping the 4311's because the cabinet's didn't come out the way I had hoped. The drivers are all perfect except the foam around the tweeters. The cabinet's are just not pretty enough! I also wait for the last seconds to bid so prices don't go through the roof, I can't believe you never saw something on ebay and never asked the seller for a bin price because you didn't want to wait. However to keep the peace I will refrain in the future from launching as you say a premptive strike.

mike
01-07-2006, 03:29 PM
They are a totally different animal than the 4311; very laid back and transparent as opposed to the forward and colorful sound of the 4311. In my opinion they are the nicest 12" 3 way speaker JBL made. You got a good deal. They are also somewhat rare.

Mike

kingjames
01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Finally a straight forward answer to what I originally asked for. Thanks!:p

John
01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
John is correct, it is a violation of ebay rules. If the seller turned it into a buy it now and kept it on ebay that would of been within the rules.:blah:

gwgarcia
02-01-2015, 02:50 PM
How much did you get them for? I was going to bid, :( ,but usually wait until near the end so as to not run the price up.

Personally, I hope you don't make that a habit - it just preempts the rest of us from making bids, and technically, it's against eBay rules.

John

I have a pair of 120Ti. Was wondering what I could get for them.

BMWCCA
02-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I have a pair of 120Ti. Was wondering what I could get for them.

What is the condition of the surrounds and cabinets? If the surrounds have already been replaced, who did them and did they install them properly?