PDA

View Full Version : User control panel problems

sonofagun
01-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Do the settings on ones User CP make any difference? I've set mine to receive emails from members rather than PMs but don't think members can email me and only get PMs. Also have set NOT to receive emails of new posts to subscribed threads but do! What gives? And I hit the update options button at the bottom.

Titanium Dome
01-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Do you go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Options" button?

sonofagun
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
HELLO! HOW ABOUT SOME HELP HERE??

Robh3606
01-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Stop Shouting!!;)

Have you contacted the Administrator???? I may be able to get into your personal profile as a Moderator but franky don't feel comfortable doing it without your permission. If you want me to poke around I will give it a shot by I would rather you contact the Admin first.

Rob:)

sonofagun
01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I've had this problem quite a while and wonder if anybody else has the same problem(s)?

Thought others would be interested. Why should I have to contact the administartor? If I do, then the CP is useless or broke and needs fixing..

Earl K
01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Do the settings on ones User CP make any difference?
- Yes, this sites' builtin "User CP" settings do make a difference with what my browser ultimately displays on my computer .

- I'm running IE 5.2 on a Mac ( system 9.2.1. )

- I don't subscribe to any threads & I don't get notifications . I changed this option at one point a long time ago. Though today I discovered that my old "previously" subscribed threads were likely "grandfathered" at the time of the change. So, if my hunch is right, I may still get a notification from these old treads if a new poster adds some info . This may explain your situation. The fix ??? I went to the actual "subscription" folder where I individually "deselected" most of the old threads.

- I've also successfully changed the amount of "posts viewed per page" to 40 from the "default" setting .

:)