PDA

View Full Version : Harman/Kardon 19

hifinut
12-18-2005, 02:52 PM
HI,[email protected]

I am looking for a schematic for a citation 19. I bought them when they first came out. I was stationed in Okinawa and was friends with the JBL rep. They were troubled amps from the very start, bad outputs, burnt out LED,s bad filter caps.. I bought two amps at cost, but now am surprised they were repaired ones! Over the years I don't know what happen to my schematics. I had one go out recently. I was so surpirsied someone had repaired this one with sub transistors. They used the MJ15003 and /4 and ERS60 /1 for outputs. I can not belive they would use the MJ's and ERS subs in the same bank. Unbelievable. I am able to find the MJ transistors. At the beginning I did replaced the LED's and filter caps and they have worked really good over the years. The ground between the caps came off and blew out my outputs, hope nothing else is wrong. I am still in need of a schematic though. I am presently an electrical engineer and have serviced audio equipment and built my own amps over the years. I built a mosfet cit 16 and it sounds great. Any help in finding a schematic would be greatly apprecitated. I am new to this forum and hope to be part of it alot. Found some great info here. Not compeletly sure how to navigate the site, but am learning.

totor
04-25-2006, 04:00 AM
Hi
Did you ever get a reply?
If not I will look at home if I have something, I also have 2 Cit19 in need of repair... (well I bought one on Ebay a few years ago for parts in order get one working... and put up my Quad 402 and Quad 44... And the situation hasnt changed since for I know nothing in electronics and here in Switzerland no one is willing to help me in repairing these "vintage" equipments.

All the best
Victor