PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Fi World - S/2600 review..... HELP !!

Bernard Wolf
12-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I have always had a problem doing this..posting a photo that is...will try again....

No luck, once again. Now I can't even delete this post :banghead:

I will keep trying.. please excuse my ineptitude.

Well, thats it... it keeps telling me the upload is 'done' but there is no photo attached. I will try another time :baby:.

Would someone.. a moderator please delete this post for me ? For some reason that option is not being given to me.

Thanks - Bernard

Zilch
12-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, at least tell us what it says. :p

Landed me another pair of horns and throats to cook up something cool.

I think that's the last of 'em in the U.S. tho.... :(

Bernard Wolf
12-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, at least tell us what it says.... :p

Hey, its a 4 page article with photos and diagrams... one of these bloody days I will get someone over here who knows what the heck they are doing.. I just don't get it. I upload stuff to ebay and whatnot all the time, but Lansing Heritage?.. no way :blink:.

Mr. Widget
12-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Maybe if you tried another browser you would have better luck??? I have used several browsers on both windows and Macs... they are all a bit different how they handle attachments etc.

Widget

Zilch
12-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, thats it... it keeps telling me the upload is 'done' but there is no photo attached. I will try another time :baby:.You using "Manage Attachments?" It usually tells me if the file size is too large, which may be the problem....

Bernard Wolf
12-17-2005, 01:59 PM
You using "Manage Attachments?" It usually tells me if the file size is too large, which may be the problem....

Thanks guys - I'm workin' on it. File size and browser. First time I've seen the file too large line... thats with IE and not Mozilla.

Bernard Wolf
12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, I finaly did manage to get something posted but you could not read it propery so I deleted it again. One day !!

Zilch
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Sum it up for us, then, please.

Are they the "Bee's knees," or do they suck royally? ;)

Bernard Wolf
12-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Sum it up for us, then, please.

Are they the "Bee's knees," or do they suck royally? ;)

well they are really crap and I should know as I own the even worse 3100 ! God how I hate these things with their tiny, tiny soundstage and no output above 75 db.. but hey,, they look really cool and thats what really matters !

Zilch
12-17-2005, 11:04 PM
"Smooth, detailed and spacious with great scale and imaging. Capable of producing a real performance."

July 1996

Bernard Wolf
12-18-2005, 05:45 AM
"Smooth, detailed and spacious with great scale and imaging. Capable of producing a real performance."

July 1996

Hey, were did you get that from ?? It is out of the review... think I may have posted that line somewere once before though.. do you have the review?

I will try later today to post it again this time from a photo rather than a scanner as I have a better idea of what I am doing then. I think part of my problem is not knowing how to scan properly. Stay tunerd !

B

Zilch
12-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't have the review, but I am "resourceful." :p

I look forward to reading it here. If you continue to have difficulties, perhaps another member can successfully post your scans for us.

Bernard Wolf
12-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, I have tried again and now I can get it posted but it is very difficult to read.. I don't get it.. some images posted on this site are huge and yet I have to keep hacking mine down to where it looses too much resolution.. Bummer ! :banghead:.... Thats about 5 hours I have killed with this already.

B

Zilch
12-18-2005, 01:06 PM
The really huge images are typically stored elsewhere on the 'net and linked from the forum, but that practice is discouraged because they will ultimately disappear.

It requires a balance of scan resolution and compression factors to get a legible image of printed material posted within the size limits here. Ian, Giskard, RobH, and Widget seem to know the parameters....

Bernard Wolf
12-18-2005, 01:28 PM
The really huge images are typically stored elsewhere on the 'net and linked from the forum, but that practice is discouraged because they will ultimately disappear.

It requires a balance of scan resolution and compression factors to get a legible image of printed material posted within the size limits here. Ian, Giskard, RobH, and Widget seem to know the parameters....

Well.. I'm on Giskards 'ignore' list, Robh (ocop) ;)... couldn't help that... just killed a thread I was on and then I probably annoyed him with my censorship post.. so, that leaves the Widgit and Ian.. I may try to contact them, but it would propably - there's that word again - be easier if I found someone around here... like maybe some 12 yr. old.... ah to be 12 again.. not really:).

B

Ian Mackenzie
12-18-2005, 01:43 PM
In your book shop do you have sign on your photocopier "warning copyright".

It might to consider the relevent copywrite laws before posting a full product review?

Just a precaution............

Ian

Bernard Wolf
12-18-2005, 02:13 PM
OOpps....:blink:.. just sent the scans to Mr. Widget. Anyways, I'm not too concerned about that as it is from 1996. Also, look at what Google is planning on doing.. have everthing ever published available on line ! They don't see a copyright infringement issue at all as it is not being published, per se.

Lets see if my scans are adaquate in any case..:).

Thanks Ian

Bernard