PDA

View Full Version : Hartsfield x-over + mid horn

Flemming Skov
12-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi Forum,

I'm in the phase in collectiong the stuff to do a diy Hartsfield but not with the original parts. The low end is now safe (bought 2 K145) but my worries is concerninge the crossover and the difficultines in finding the horns to the mid.

To the mid's I expect to use 2441 or 2445 which should be possible to find i Denmark.

Question:
How high, in frequency, can i force the K145 to go in the Hartsfield (and by the way how low can I expect the K145 to go also) ?
Does anybody have a well suited, a la westlake, type mid horn plans for diy, because I can se the newer JBL horns (abs materials) is 10 dB low at 500 hz?

Regards
Flemming

toddalin
12-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi Forum,

I'm in the phase in collectiong the stuff to do a diy Hartsfield but not with the original parts. The low end is now safe (bought 2 K145) but my worries is concerninge the crossover and the difficultines in finding the horns to the mid.

To the mid's I expect to use 2441 or 2445 which should be possible to find i Denmark.

Question:
How high, in frequency, can i force the K145 to go in the Hartsfield (and by the way how low can I expect the K145 to go also) ?
Does anybody have a well suited, a la westlake, type mid horn plans for diy, because I can se the newer JBL horns (abs materials) is 10 dB low at 500 hz?

Regards
Flemming

I have a set of original Hartsfield horns/lenses (HL-89) I would like to sell (no drivers and SureFire already bought the x-overs). One lens has a saw cut in the back of one of the wavy plates (doesnt really show from the front), and the other wavy plate was cut down (narrowed) from 19-7/8" to 15-1/8", but the horns are nice (some scratches) and the horn opening is only 10-1/2" so the plate still extends well beyond the opening. The one plate could be trimmed to 15-1/8" to match the other). The champgne color on the plates is dusty, but still nice.

I'd let it all go for $350, but have no idea what it would take to ship to Denmark.