PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else going to CES this year?

TimG
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I am going out Friday night and will stay through Sunday. I will spend most of my time at high-end section of CES and THE SHOW. I'm hoping JBL will have some K2 Array Series on display this year and I really need to hear what the Edgarhorn Titans sound like. I'm going with a friend who is also a DIYer and we aren't taking our wives this year, they get bored really quickly even when we give them credit card to shop and chips to gamble. My favorite high-efficiency designs from last year, that I got to hear, were the Avantguarde 3-way horns and the Pass Rushmores. I'll have a better digital camera this year so I'll try to post some interesting pictures.

Mr. Widget
12-15-2005, 11:50 AM
..we aren't taking our wives this year, they get bored really quickly even when we give them credit card to shop and chips to gamble.My wife and I were there last year... she loved it. She did enjoy comparing the various systems, but what she really enjoyed was the depth and breadth of the geek collection. She was completely enthralled with the people watching... funny, you'd think she gets enough geek watching here at home, but I guess it was nice for her to she that she didn't land the biggest geek on the planet.

Our favorite room was the darkened one with the glowing tiki god heads everywhere and all of the guys were wearing Hawaiian shirts... their bar set up in the Jacuzzi was most impressive and for room correction they had piled styrofoam wine case inserts in one of the corners... these guys were real party animals!

I would like to see some friends that are exhibiting and also the Project Array Series... but I think I'll pass this year.

Widget

Ken Pachkowsky
12-15-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I am going to go this year. It would be my first time.

Ken

porschedpm
12-15-2005, 12:44 PM
What are the dates?

pioneer
12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
January 5 thru January 8 try to register online at www.cesweb.org

Cyclotronguy
12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Stop by and say hello, Rm 1903 Alexis Park..... Pass Labs

Cyclotronguy

edgewound
12-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm registered. I've attended for the past 15 years or so. I find it interesting that JBL Consumer for home audio has shunned the largest show in the world. What is (Director of Brand Marketing) thinking?