PDA

View Full Version : How and where to make a donation?

wpod
12-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Greetings-Firstly, I would like to thank LHS for its generosity and in particular, member "Akira" , for personally donating a pair of LE-20 tweeters (which I was able to secure), for an L100 restoration project that I'm trying to complete before Christmas. As part of our agreement, Akira has suggested that rather than pay him any money, that I should donate the funds to LHS. He also suggested that he would be pleased if I were able to match the contribution, which of course I am going to do. Question is: How and where do I go about doing this? I know that I have seen the page sometime in the past, but can't seem to find it now. Please post, PM me, or send me an email directly (prlwpod at verizon.net) if you can help me out. Thanks very much, wpod

Don Mascali
12-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Click on the VISA icon in the upper right corner of the page.

I will also take the time to do it. This site has saved my bacon a number of times and the advice that is so freely given can't be bought at any price.

We even have our own R & D Department (Zilch, et al)

Thanks to everyone,

Don M

boputnam
12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Yea, wpod - good idea...

Don McRitchie hasn't shared the finances with us lately, and sometimes that means he's eating them hisself. :scold: Without the incredible generosity of John Nebel those costs would be far, far higher. Might be time for many of us to re-ante-up, too!

jim3860
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Yea, wpod - good idea...

Don McRitchie hasn't shared the finances with us lately, and sometimes that means he's eating them hisself. :scold: Without the incredible generosity of John Nebel those costs would be far, far higher. Might be time for many of us to re-ante-up, too! You are correct i will give a lil also. many thanks to all who make up this forum, And happy holidays to all :D

glen
12-30-2005, 07:20 PM
How about offering some cheapie annual membership with some equally cheap give-aways like you used to get from fan-clubs:
Membership card,
engraved certificate of merit,
decoder ring (JBLhome/JBLpro?),
sticker for your car,
a lock of Don's hair...

invstbiker
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I too would like to donate to this great effort. Being an arbitrary figure does anyone have guidelines for giving? 10% of income would be the church goers rate :D .

Membership would also be an option. RENNLIST.com charges 20 bucks for the year. Just a suggestion...

invstbiker
01-20-2006, 07:17 PM
OK, My last post here was a week ago now and nothing, nada, zilch, no not that ZILCH...:)

For some of us newer members, and the help I've certainly received over the past year, I would like to make a donation. What I need is a guideline. Don't give me any :bs: or funny answers, I'm looking for an honest answer. I don't have a million $$ and $10 is simply too little in my book, so can somebody shed some light. Past giving, etc?

THANK YOU!!

glen
01-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Why not the same as your local PBS/NPR station fund drive asks for?

Usually $35 to $50 for basic annual membership.
($20 for students)

Higher amounts would get you a premium,
so if you feel you've gotten some valuable premium from the website:
A problem solved,
an obscure schematic or piece of literature found,
filling out your ebay auction with the detailed info that will help it bring top-dollar,
etc.

then bump it up to the $75-$100-$150 range.

The next thing we need is challenge grants!

Or equipment donations for a benefit auction (actually sounds like fun)

invstbiker
01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Glen, Now that's the most sensible thing I've heard all night. ThX for the guideline. Sounds about perfect. Any others wish to chime in, I'm listening:)

boputnam
01-21-2006, 10:29 AM
An update.

First, a HUGE thanks for the inpouring of donations over the past several weeks. The LH PayPal account is being reactivated with the recent transfer to my watch. Patience, as we complete the account verification - there is presently $260 in donations awaiting this. You guys (and gals, too!! :yes: ) are amazing. :applaud:

Don is forwarding the historical records and Project May receipts - once here expenditures will be reconciled, and we will post an updated report. That report will include an accounting of Don's expenses over the past year, funding the site. Expenses are astonishingly low, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of John Nebel for hosting this site at no cost. Where else could one come across such camaraderie? Only in JBL land...

The list of Donor names will be updated, too.

Going forward, I will endeavor to make this a Quarterly reporting.

boputnam
03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
I thought I'd update us all on the donor activity since January, 2006. Many in this list are repeat donors!
Many thanks, to one and all, for any manner of support you give. :applaud:

Don will add these to the master list.

-----------------------------------

Robert Pelletier
John Evans
Alexandra Aitken
Kenneth Haerr
Barton A Love
Deborah Woldstad
Ronald Janus
Clark Weichmann
Donald Mascali