PDA

View Full Version : Mid Life crisis part II

kingjames
11-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Guess what I just did? I just bought those c-61 Sovereign's that are on ebay and Audiogon from Chicago, sorry I couldn't add a link here to access their page as I haven't figured out how to add a hyper-link in this windows xp pro yet.Any help in adding a link would be appreciated. I will be selling my 4425 here pretty shortly any offers I 'm listening. What a piece of art these C-61 Sovereign's are. I think I will enjoy them much better than the 4425's. There is a link on this
forum under marketplace. You have to see these to believe them. What do ya think? :applaud:

yggdrasil
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Sovereigns are beautiful. High WAF too.:D

Titanium Dome
11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
They are indeed beautiful.

You'd be much happier if you kept all your speakers and never sold any, however. :nutz:

Charlie4350
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
The best part is you'll have both around. Don't be in a hurry to let anything go that you'll regret later. Get to know them a little if you can.

chuck

Zilch
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Ummmm, don't sell your 4425's JUST yet.... ;)

kingjames
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Well I just picked up my Sovereign II'S and what a work of art. I have never seen any speakers look this good for being so old. To walk into this guy's home was like walking into a museum. Not only did he have it all but they were all in perfect condition. Ton's of JBL'S and Mac amps everywhere. Even had a set of perfect looking L100's hanging in the garage. It was sweet to see. This goes out to you RIESSEN: I saw the set of speakers you built for Pete and I must admit that I wish you were my friend also. They were beautiful to look at. Hands off to you for an excellent job. You were right about Pete,what a class act.It is people like these that keep our dreams alive. It is I believe a gift for someone to sell a set of speakers that look this good are this old and allow someone else to enjoy,I know it was not the money,I am grateful for such a prize and please tell your friend Pete that they will always look this good. Oh by the way, I did have one up on him when I arrived. He liked my Ranger Rover better than his own. HE has the discovery and I have the Range Rover 4.6 HSE.Again I made a deal with my wife this time I have to get rid of the 4425's. A slim price to pay I think?

saeman
11-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Jim: Thanx for the compliments and I'll relay your happiness to Pete on the Sov II's. . I've known him for quite some time and the list of JBL's and Mac that's gone back and fourth between us is way too long to list. Money is never discussed - profit/loss is never a concern. Earlier in the day before your visit I was there dropping off two Dynaco 70's and some speaker grilles, and picked up L150A's, a mint MI3 and a few other accessories. This was about chapter 102 in Rick and Pete's Most Excellent Adventure. We're always doing something. The speaker pair that you mentioned is a strange brew for sure. They were a test project a while back. They ended up ported about the same volume as a 4333 with 2231H's, 2461's with phenolic diaphragms and a rare pair of 2403's. They're awesome on about 40 watts of tube power. I called them my 4335's for the lack of a better name. They would befefit from some custom cross-over work to replace the 3115's and 3106's. Maybe I'll get Pete fired up in that direction some day. Sounds like we're close so drop me a line and some time we'll get together to talk JBL. Regards