PDA

View Full Version : JBL reconing services needed urgently!

Sausagefingers
11-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi,
I have a couple of D140Fs and the cloth edge surrounds have perished resulting in one of them developing a slight tear.

I'm looking to have them repaired but don't actually know where to start looking for a pro reconing service in the UK.

I'm led to believe that there is no reconing kit for a D140 as such but that the E140 kit is suitable.

Can someone help me on either of these two points?

Thanks In Advance.

Sausagefingers

edgewound
11-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes....the current recone kit for the D140F is the E140 kit. Hope you find a craftsman to do the work. Maybe the JBL International site has a listing of a Service Agency.

Look here, at the "International" link:
http://www.jblproservice.com/

Good Luck

Sausagefingers
11-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the quick response! One more question though...does this mean that my D140's will mutate into E140's?

I understand that they are 'close cousins' in that they were both built from the same parts but I'm just wondering what is likely to change as a result of the E140 kit replacing the old parts? Power handling springs to mind.

Thanks

edgewound
11-21-2005, 11:11 AM
You're very welcome! Increased power handling, yes 200 watts sinewave, 400 watts pink noise...will sound a little different due to the double M roll surround, better bass response...less cone breakup. Slightly cleaner sound. The E-series specs-wise is considered an upgrade per the factory specs. You're own interpretation could be more or less....just depends on what you like or are accustomed to.

I wouldn't say "mutate" as the Alnico magnet won't change...lol. Let's just say "update";)