PDA

View Full Version : JBL guru advice needed

rockecat
11-19-2005, 05:38 PM
About two month's ago I sent the 50's woofer's out to be reconed, I purchased a set of L46's in the interim. I have both pair playing now and here is the problem, the tweeter's on the 46's seem to overpower the 50's I am not sure what term to use I have placed all of them up,down and around what is really strange is the 46's are not very sensitive to placement but the 50's are.

I am not saying it sound's bad it sound's OK but I know it can be better
I have never used an EQ but am considering maybe that is what I need :banghead:

JuniorJBL
11-20-2005, 09:49 AM
I would check your phase inside and outside the cabs. Since you pulled a woofer it could be inside the box. This would also explain why the 46's sound better;)

rockecat
11-20-2005, 11:40 AM
The phase is Ok the wiring on the inside is dummyproof and outside I double checked. Both sets sound fine when used alone and Ok together it is just that the tweeter's on the 46's seem to overshadow everything and they have no adjustment like the 50's and neither speaker is a low end monster to begin with.

Thank's for the reply

JuniorJBL
11-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Two pair of speakers played together as mains L&R (if I understand you correctly :blink: )

do not work well unless they are the same even then it does not work great for good sound quality.

It is better to have a larger single speaker per side.
Hope this helps.;)

rockecat
11-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I have know idea why I assumed they would play nice together, I will probably move the 46's downstairs, kinda ashame that wall of speakers sure is pretty:)