PDA

View Full Version : JBL 240 Ti Worth fixing ?

vinyldog
11-16-2005, 05:56 AM
From what I get on this forum are the 240-ti worth fixing ? I was told on another forum that the surrounds should be done by a professional due to the gap being too close for a novice to try doing. My question is since they are not a big interest among the JBL fans, then there must be something better that I could spend my $$ on rather then having these fixed, Is that your feelings ?

Don Mascali
11-16-2005, 06:19 AM
For home use I don't think you could buy a better sounding speaker for the price of a recone job.

The woofers have good bass extension and I really love those Titanium domes for "reasonable volume" listening.;)

You do need a big amp to do them justice.

sa660
11-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Recone or Refoam and Youwill have a very decent home speaker.

A refoam job is very cheap, but a recone will still be very cheap for such quality speakers.

Regards,

Lancer
11-16-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't see why you need to burden yourself with these loudspeakers. I will pick them up from you if you will PM me with your address.

BTW - the cost of reconing the LE14H-1 has just gone through the roof. I'm not real sure what the strategy is. :p

Robh3606
11-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Sure they are!! I would love to own a pair of those!! If you have never done refoams they are not the best to start with. The way the surround attachs to the frame on those woofers makes them harder to do than a standard frame where you have lots of room to position the outer edge. This compounds the tight gap tolerances used by JBL and makes them a challenge to get right.

Rob:)

vinyldog
11-16-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't see why you need to burden yourself with these loudspeakers. I will pick them up from you if you will PM me with your address.

BTW - the cost of reconing the LE14H-1 has just gone through the roof. I'm not real sure what the strategy is. :p

If you're serious you send me your address and we'll talk. by the way I'm in Houston TX

porschedpm
11-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I was told on another forum ...... since they are not a big interest among the JBL fans, then there must be something better that I could spend my $$ on rather then having these fixed?

Have you been hanging out on the Bose forum again. Those big 14 inchers frighten the Bosers, you know.

To answer your question though, the 240ti's are fabulous speakers. I'm driving mine with a 15w/ch tube amp. Very accurate and detailed bass through the Le14H-1's, and crystalline highs through the 044Ti's. Clear mids. It's a great speaker that can compete with about any speaker 2or 3 times it price. But it's usually overlooked because it sit's in the shadow of the venerable 250ti. Think of these as an affordable way of getting close to the sound of the 250Ti's.

Zilch
11-16-2005, 10:20 AM
From what I get on this forum are the 240-ti worth fixing ? My question is since they are not a big interest among the JBL fans, then there must be something better that I could spend my $$ on rather then having these fixed, Is that your feelings ?HUH?

That's one of the best systems you can find!

You can have them professionally refoamed for $50 or less....

mike
11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Yes. The 240Ti is one of the best all around JBL speakers and way under valued in my opinion.

Mike

JuniorJBL
11-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Because I really need a pair of those tweets.:applaud:

BTW the 240Ti is an awesome sounding speaker and it will still sound better than just about anything you can buy for less than $1500.:D

But if you do want to sell them.....
I am in denver
:bouncy:

morbo!
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
sure is a mighty looking x-over in that box

spkrman57
01-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Where did these speakers end up at anyways?

Ron

Raffe
01-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Because I really need a pair of those tweets.:applaud:

BTW the 240Ti is an awesome sounding speaker and it will still sound better than just about anything you can buy for less than $1500.:D

But if you do want to sell them.....
I am in denver
:bouncy:

Nice to hear..

I got two pairs of 240Ti in mint condition
250Ti Limited edition is in my opinion a better sounding speaker (have a pair of them too).

Compared to my L150A and L100T GI I think that they sound a bit "closed" but itīs probably bacause of the better filters in 240Ti.

jblfreeek
01-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I got two pairs of 240Ti in mint condition

Hmm..
Would you be interested in selling one pair?
I'm in Europe as well :bouncy: