PDA

View Full Version : 2205 recone with ?

kb2umj
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbie with a question....:blink:

My son's middle school has a bi-amped DJ system that includes a pair of JBL 4508 cabs that are actively crossed at 250 hz. They are loaded with 2205J drivers that are very tired and in the need of recone. The mid and highs are handled by a two way JBL cabinet (methinks it's a Cabaret series?). Before I talk to a recone company, I 'd like to have a clue as to what to ask fer. I've seen postings here about recones using other than the original diaphrams.
My questions are: for this application what would the best driver be? What is the advantage of using a recone kit other than the 2205?

edgewound
11-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbie with a question....:blink:

My son's middle school has a bi-amped DJ system that includes a pair of JBL 4508 cabs that are actively crossed at 250 hz. They are loaded with 2205J drivers that are very tired and in the need of recone. The mid and highs are handled by a two way JBL cabinet (methinks it's a Cabaret series?). Before I talk to a recone company, I 'd like to have a clue as to what to ask fer. I've seen postings here about recones using other than the original diaphrams.
My questions are: for this application what would the best driver be? What is the advantage of using a recone kit other than the 2205?

Hi...
The factory recone kit for the 2205 is now the 2225 kit. It in essence brings the specs up to the most current standards for this driver. The speakers can be reconed with 8 ohm kits to make the 4508 a 4 ohm cabinet if desired. Otherwise just recone them with C16R2225...16 ohm kits.

Hope this helps.

kb2umj
11-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear!

Michael.