PDA

View Full Version : Titanium tweeters

Velociraptor84
11-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Does pure titanium dome tweeters sound the same as titanium-laminated dome tweeters? I always woundered about this. If they sound different which tweeters sounds more clear and precise?

pelly3s
11-11-2005, 05:40 PM
each tweeter depends on more than just the material the diaphragm is made of. I have a bunch of pure titanium tweets that all sound completely different. Personally I dont care for direct radiator tweeters so I am not the best to answer this, but I will anyways. one of the only metal dome tweets I like is the 044. I would just say for get it all and go with really big horns

Titanium Dome
11-11-2005, 07:55 PM
each tweeter depends on more than just the material the diaphragm is made of. I have a bunch of pure titanium tweets that all sound completely different. Personally I dont care for direct radiator tweeters so I am not the best to answer this, but I will anyways. one of the only metal dome tweets I like is the 044. I would just say for get it all and go with really big horns

...this is my thanks.

edgewound
11-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Does pure titanium dome tweeters sound the same as titanium-laminated dome tweeters? I always woundered about this. If they sound different which tweeters sounds more clear and precise?

Titanium tweeters don't sound nearly as good as the pure Unobtanium tweeters that we talk so fondly of around here.

I'm sure if you do plenty of Google and Yahoo searches, you're bound to find a good source for them...for almost free!! They're on eBay all the time. Go get'em 'raptor.

pelly3s
11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
...this is my thanks.

:applaud: :D everyone has their personal tastes. over on audioreview i have been in all to many battles with "audiophiles" who have no clue. i do have to has to my previous statement i havent heard the performance series or the XPL's so to those I bite my tongue and hope for the day I get to hear them to make my choice.

Maron Horonzakz
11-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Has any body here tested for distortion? Rather than just listen ? There is some correlation between the two.;)