PDA

View Full Version : Is this good?

Velociraptor84
11-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I was woundering about this but I can say I got these JBL Studio Series S26 speakers in 1999 when they just came out and I was woundering if these are great speakers for music listening since that's what I mainly use them for. Do you guys think that the S26 are great precise and clear speakers for the price? What I mean is is the S26 the best speakers for the price?

Robh3606
11-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Well the important thing is you like them. Are they the best for the money??? So many speakers out there it's hard to say. Don't worry about it just drop in your favorite CD and have fun. Why you asking you looking to make a change???

Rob:)

Lancer
11-07-2005, 09:39 AM
That's not what a velociraptor looks like! :p

Velociraptor84
11-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Well I don't have any money to get new speakers since the S26 was very expensive to me and I can say everyone who hears them gets shocked on how clear and punchy the bass is. I just wanted to know if my speakers are considered high rated for the price since it did cost alot of money for them. I hoped that my speakers are high rated for the price since to me these speaker are the best speakers I ever owned.:)

Velociraptor84
11-07-2005, 09:56 AM
The speakers I really wanted was the JBL S38 since those were like wooooo they sounded great like a pro studio monitor but they were tooooo expensive. I was even lucky to even aford the JBL S26 since those were expensive too. But I decided that instead of getting the Northridge Series N38 or the N28's I got the cheapest Studio Series speakers since I really did hear the difference on the two series. Studio Series were alot clear and precise and realistic sounds to me. I was shocked when I heard the Studio Series. The Northridge Series didn't have the deep punchy bass like the Studio Series did. The bass was more like normal speakers sounded. I dont know how can the Studio Series have more punchy bass even they both are similar. But I guess since the Studio Series costed twice as much that's why they sound twice the better so that's cool.

JuniorJBL
11-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the LHS fourm.
This thing about who has what and is it better is only for those who what to impress others. ;)

If you like the sound that you have then that is all that matters. You can spend $200 on a pair of speakers or you can spend $200,000. So what it comes down to is what fits your budget and if you like them.
Your speaker is a way for JBL to compete with other speaker companies at the mass market level.

I have heard them and they do sound good.
This speaker buying business could turn out to be the beginning of a long road to a never-ending quest for sound:applaud:

Just my opinion.
Shane

Titanium Dome
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
The Studio Series was a clear step up from the Northridge N Series and well worth the extra money. I was sad to see it discontinued, though the Northridge E Series is nearly as good.

If you really want to punch up those S26 babies, then get on eBay (or somewhere else) and pick up the Studio Series subwoofer, the S120PII.

http://jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=S120PII&cat=STU&ser=STU

It and the S36II are the lone holdovers of the studio Series. It's currently available for $289 BIN on eBay, which is a freakin' steal. Add that to your S26 set up, cross them over above say 100 or 120 Hz and let the sub take you down low. That'll seriously rock the house, and the S26s will perform better, too, in the upper bass and midrange.